Boxing: All boxing discussion

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wilder still proving he’s going to murder everybody not named Fury (and possibly Usyk but I bet we’ll never get that one)

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Going to be honest, I thought Helenius would stick around more than one round. Wilder is just on a different level. Punch didn't even look all that strong. If Fury is going to duck Usyk, for whatever reason, we need to see Wilder/Usyk.

One of boxing's major issues reared its head last night. So much talk about big fights but at no point were any of the results in question. Wilder, Plant, & Haney were all heavy favorites. Fights went exactly how you would expect them.

Instead of getting Fury/Usyk, Spence/Crawford, Haney/Davis, Beterbiev/Bivol, we get these fights where there is not question who is going to win.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and CDJ

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
2-1 Silva, Jake's going to lose if this keeps up, but still plenty of time for Anderson to gas and Jake to put his lights out. Still landing some solid shots

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Super impressed by Ortiz last night. He is legit and should be around for a while in that division. That was a super tight fight, a lot closer than the announcers made it seem.

I have to give credit to Paul as well. Anderson, despite his age, is a legitimate boxing threat. Chavez Jr has been called many negative things from the boxing world but has still beaten a laundry list of actual boxers. Silva looked good in the fight as well, quick, pretty accurate and skilled especially for his age.

I was on the sidelines for a bit, but gate keeping boxing isn’t my job. I won’t keep moving the goal post either. I said after he sparked Askren he should keep this going as long as he can. If I was managing him, I’m going after Uriah Hall next, then Diaz, and hoping Mcgregor is next. Him calling out guys like Canelo infuriates boxing fans but it’s genius because there’s no chance Canelo ever takes it. He’s gonna be able to go his entire life saying that Canelo ran from him.

Credit to him and his management. Silva wasn’t a lock and he looked good out there. I won’t knock anyone for making as much $ as possible. What do I care if he ever “fights a real boxer”?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It was ok but sloppy and Silva goofed around for half the fight. I just wish Paul would fight someone who actually knows how to box.
Someone that knows how to box and shouldn't have retired a decade ago.

although I'm sure he makes more money off of these gimmick fights.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

fadasarkin4

Feb 17, 2023
Hey! I'm pumped to see Anthony Joshua step back into the ring against Jermaine Franklin on April 1st. It's gonna be a straight-up banger of a fight, and I can't wait to see who comes out on top. And while we're on the topic of boxing, do you guys remember your first pair of gloves? I mean, I've recently found my first ever pair, and I was about to cry... My grandfather bought me those boxing gloves for beginners (he passed away last year). Do you have such a pair that means a lot to you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad