Boxing: All boxing discussion

member 51464

I just hope for Wilder his psyche does not break after this. He did not seem set up to handle the loss mentally last time. He has too much riding on being the Bronze Bomber. Epic fight and losing to one of the greats is no shame.

All credit to Fury for coming back from the multiple knockdowns. Though I have to think that getting cracked like that catches up to Fury originally. No reign lasts forever, not even the Gypsy King.

Reactions: kihei and Bruhin

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Great fight. I was pretty confident Fury would beat him easy enough but Wilder made it interesting. Gutsy performance but Fury is too big and talented for him.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
absolutely insane how wilder not only managed to stay up for that long, but still knocked fury down twice and stayed in it until the end. really makes his corner throwing the towel in in the last fight even more head scratching

what a fight

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
absolutely insane how wilder not only managed to stay up for that long, but still knocked fury down twice and stayed in it until the end. really makes his corner throwing the towel in in the last fight even more head scratching

what a fight
Idk he was getting beat up badly in that 2nd fight. Cornermen have to protect their fighters. He probably would've just took more punishment and got knocked out.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Incredible fight. So much respect for both guys, insane heart shown by both

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
That was a great fight. I think in the round where Wilder got those knock-downs Fury was forcing the finish and got sloppy, the fight still being early, Wilder had more power behind those bombs. Once Fury decided to go back to his game plan and just let his skills take over, Wilder had little to nothing to offer, but he definitely showed a lot more heart tonight and had some interesting moments.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

what a fight

no it doesn’t, he got his ass kicked in the 2nd fight. He was better this time around and still got slept brutally. Is that really better for his career?

tremendous heart and will power from Wilder but there are levels to this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad