Post-Game Talk: ALL ABOARD THE PLAYOFF BUS!!! Jets 3 - Wild 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Different scenarios as that hit took place in the playoffs and Evans had to be stretchered off
Which is what player safety in the NHL is all about, degrees of injury or perceived injury. You can’t set a standard or set of rules on a floating scale of consequences. Illegal and predatory hits need to be severely punished regardless of whether someone is injured or not. It’s part of the reason players flop around like someone shot them, it guarantees a harsher punishment. If Evans had popped back up and kept playing, no way Scheifele gets 4 games, and that in itself is wrong if you believe what he did warranted a suspension.
The NHL DOPS is a complete clown show.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Switch engaged!

han-solo-light-switch-1.jpg

Apparently Carbonite causes shrinkage...
Compare the switch to the rest of the body. If that's the "after shrinkage" photo, I'd hate to encounter the before version. Classic too much of a good thing.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Which is what player safety in the NHL is all about, degrees of injury or perceived injury. You can’t set a standard or set of rules on a floating scale of consequences. Illegal and predatory hits need to be severely punished regardless of whether someone is injured or not. It’s part of the reason players flop around like someone shot them, it guarantees a harsher punishment. If Evans had popped back up and kept playing, no way Scheifele gets 4 games, and that in itself is wrong if you believe what he did warranted a suspension.
And that's exactly why smoke should have went down like he was shot last night, despite the fact that I hate it

Reactions: Ducky10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Congrats to the Jets for getting it done in the last 5 games. I would have lost my shit if they choked so it’s only fair that I give it up for them flicking a switch of some sort. They have looked really solid over the last 5 games or so.

Looking forward to attending the white out!!

Let’s go boys its a new season!!

Last edited:

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I'm not a fan of either team. However, if the hit from Reaves on Demelo is so bad, how come I just went through 14 pages here and no one has posted it? I want to see what the Jets are referring to as the cause of all of the excitement in this game. I would also like to see the hit by Ehlers on Kaprizov. As an impartial observer, it is hard to assess this situation without any video.

As another impartial observer, that hit on Ehlers is absolute trash and is reason enough for everything that came next. I watched the game and Min had a handful of dirty plays throughout. Including an obvious board from Reaves, along with another dirtbag play later in the game. The only cheap shot from the Jets all game was the crosscheck at the end, when I assume they'd had enough of the BS.

Min fans are being absolutely delusional here

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

See which, the Boston / StL cup final years before, where Krug and Thomas get tied up, and Krug chases DIRECTLY after him the whole length of the ice and ignores the puck at all times just to play Thomas out.

Thomas would even miss the rest of the series, but because he got up at the time and played a bit more? Not even a minor penalty.

DOPS is a f***ing joke now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad