Movies: Alien: Romulus (2024)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This is fake. They took Sigourney Weaver's audio from the end of Alien, adjusted the pitch and played it over clips from other movies, including Gravity, and PR photos of the movie's actors.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This is fake. They took Sigourney Weaver's audio from the end of Alien, adjusted the pitch and played it over clips from other movies, including Gravity, and PR photos of the movie's actors.
Ha. I should have known better.

I was reading about the movie today, so I looked it up on YT and this came up. I thought it looked bad (and didn't make much sense), but a lot of stuff looks bad so I didn't question it.

I never saw Gravity.

Reactions: Elvis P

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Ha. I should have known better.

I was reading about the movie today, so I looked it up on YT and this came up. I thought it looked bad (and didn't make much sense), but a lot of stuff looks bad so I didn't question it.

I never saw Gravity.
Yeah, I thought that it just looked bad until I recognized the Gravity clip and the alarm really went off.

You should watch Gravity. It's excellent and one of the best space movies of this century (not that that's saying much).

Last edited:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
This is why whenever someone posts a trailer, I go check the actual studio's youtube channel if that's not what's linked. There's too much fake stuff out there that people make to generate clicks.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I see fake trailers on YouTube all the time. It's cheap way for a channel to get clicks. Never really been fooled by one before. I feel kinda dumb.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this. Alvarez has made some decent stuff.

I always go into these Alien movies with low expectations. I just accept they'll never be as good as the original. I'm usually entertained even if I don't think they're great. I actually liked Prometheus.

Reactions: Hivemind

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You should watch Gravity. It's excellent and one of the best space movies of this century (not that that's saying much).
Not to drag this off course too much, but I thought Gravity was pretty mid. Way behind The Martian or Interstellar in quality (and I have plenty of gripes with Interstellar), although it was still far better than Ad Astra.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not to drag this off course too much, but I thought Gravity was pretty mid. Way behind The Martian or Interstellar in quality (and I have plenty of gripes with Interstellar), although it was still far better than Ad Astra.

I think gravity was only worth seeing in the movies and in 3d because the 3d was fantastic for it and I normally never see movies in 3d but for this one it really enhanced the viewing experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad