Alexis Lafreniere disappointing season start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Second season in the NHL shouldnt have to be said :laugh:

Dylan Larkin is further in his development. Michael Rasmussen is further in his development. Nolan Patrick is further in his development. Newhook is further in his development. Amirov is further in his development.

Are all these guys future Datsyuk as well? You have no point.

Also hischier plays nothing like Datsyuk. The hands arent even on the same planet.

Back to Lafreniere now.
Lots of legends took a little while to develop. Despite extremely respectable numbers, even for the early 70's, Guy Lafleur was considered a massive disappointment until his fourth season. It took Jumbo Joe a little while to gain traction as well, as his rookie season was pretty blah. I'm sure we can go on. Not everybody roars out of the gate like Lemieux, Crosby, Hawerchuk, etc.

... I think the kid will be a Hart candidate before all is said and done.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He looks like a guy who's lost his confidence. Hes not moving his feet pr looking to get open in the offensive zone. It almost looks like a guy whos scared to get the puck.
And that's the reason players who aren't ready for NHL shouldn't be playing in NHL.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Earlier: Datsyuk was "a star by his 2nd season"
Now: Datsyuk was a "complete nobody" until his 6th season

Hischier, who models his game off of Datsyuk, and is frequently compared to Datsyuk, is a lot further along in his development at similar age. That's the point.
Just like how Kyle Clifford models his game after Gretzky.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lots of legends took a little while to develop. Despite extremely respectable numbers, even for the early 70's, Guy Lafleur was considered a massive disappointment until his fourth season. It took Jumbo Joe a little while to gain traction as well, as his rookie season was pretty blah. I'm sure we can go on. Not everybody roars out of the gate like Lemieux, Crosby, Hawerchuk, etc.

... I think the kid will be a Hart candidate before all is said and done.
Have I ever said otherwise?

All I said was stating a player will be just as good as Datsyuk because he's "further along in development" is a little ridiculous.

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
Second season in the NHL shouldnt have to be said :laugh:

Dylan Larkin is further in his development. Michael Rasmussen is further in his development. Nolan Patrick is further in his development. Newhook is further in his development. Amirov is further in his development.

Are all these guys future Datsyuk as well? You have no point.

Also hischier plays nothing like Datsyuk. The hands arent even on the same planet.

Back to Lafreniere now.
As someone who’s watched every NHL game Hischier has ever played I have to disagree with the bold. There’s been quite a few times he’s reminded me of Datsyuk. This goal comes to mind.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
As someone who’s watched every NHL game Hischier has ever played I have to disagree with the bold. There’s been quite a few times he’s reminded me of Datsyuk. This goal comes to mind.

Darren McCarty scored a goal like that before. Datsyuk arguably had the best hands the NHL has ever seen. Hischier is no where close to that level

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Kakko's rookie season was bad too but from a production standpoint, this season is looking even worse for him. Sure he may hustle and compete and do all the little things but the bottom line is the guy can't score. He doesn't have that knack for scoring goals that typical forwards should have.

It's too early to judge LaFraniere but all early indications seem that he was overhyped? Has he really stood out in any of the games?

Imagine #1 and #2 picks in back to back years turning into busts? Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad