Alexis Lafreniere disappointing season start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’m not going to lie, I’m surprised to see he’s got no points in 4 games and -2 rating considering the talent level he is promised to be.

I saw he was playing with Panarin, but it means he probably had to play RW.

What’s up with him ?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
There’s no way a first overall pick going scoreless for his first 4 games to go unnoticed. Needs to be discussed.

4 games with no preseason*.

Matthews scoring 4 goals that night threw everyone's expectations for top prospects coming right out of their draft out of whack, and we need to start recognizing his rookie season for what it was, a once in a generation occurence.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I was 100% sure this thread was coming either tonight or tomorrow:laugh:

4 games, chill.
Well at some point you need to start worrying. I remember people saying the same thing about Jonathan Drouin:
"Just relax, he's adjusting to the NHL."
"Not all players can enter the NHL and dominate."
"He'll figure it out eventually."

And before you know it the guy is 25 and is settling in as a 45-55 point mediocre top 6 winger...

archangel2

May 19, 2019
People need to relax. He is not a generational player and it may take a bit for him to find his spot. Being annoyed or disappointed after just a few games is silly

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Guys who enter the league on fire like McDavid and Matthews in their D+1 are an anomaly. Even if they happened back to back, it isn't and is unlikely to be commonplace.
Lafreniere is projected to be Matthews level impact player, isn’t he ?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I love how this thread is not even made by a Ranger fan. Lafreniere has been fine.

Reactions: Kupo

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Lafreniere is projected to be Matthews level impact player, isn’t he ?
Others thought so, my posting history says otherwise. Great prospect, but not quite in that Matthews/Eichel tier in my opinion. Granted, he could easily make me look dumb in a remaining couple of months of this season and after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad