Player Discussion Alexis Lafrenière: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I would have benched him for his lack of effort on the Bergeron goal. Shameful for such a young player.

Seems like an overreaction. He's 19 years old. There's going to be moments like this and you have to live with them. I also don't think you're totally grasping exactly what went down this last week with a franchise and how disconcerting that can be for a young player.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Seems like an overreaction. He's 19 years old. There's going to be moments like this and you have to live with them. I also don't think you're totally grasping exactly what went down this last week with a franchise and how disconcerting that can be for a young player.
That's fair.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Seriously???

Yeah, it's wild. I met them at the WJC in Ostrava back in 2019. They're great people but very emotional.

You and the agreeable, well groomed lad should have her on your show :laugh:.

Inviting family members of players is something that never crossed my mind, but hey... Maybe you're onto something

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Yeah, it's wild. I met them at the WJC in Ostrava back in 2019. They're great people but very emotional.

Inviting family members of players is something that never crossed my mind, but hey... Maybe you're onto something
I usually skip past the agreeable, well groomed, young lad's parts of the convo but I caught him saying that Messier played against Drury when Messier moved on from the Rangers and I was howling :laugh::laugh::laugh:. 80% of the time that they overlapped Messier was back with the Rangers. He's such a young lad. So well kempt. So agreeable. It's adorable :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
OK, now that we have the complete season in the books. Calling back to a discussion we had earlier in the year, when Lafrenière was not putting any points on the board really. I was making the point that a lot of 1OA are relatively unproductive at even strength in the first part of their rookie seasons and improve as the season goes along. At the time of the conversation, Lafrenière was well behind many of them in terms of production and there was a lot of concern about what it meant for his future.

-His final number number for ES p/60 this year was 1.80.
-I know some people don't like this kind of thing, but others do: if you eliminated the first 27 days from the season, the number is 2.12. I chose 27 days to represent the time he would've gotten in training camp because that's how many days it was from the opening of Traverse City through opening night of the 2019-20 season. In other words, what kind of lead-in Kakko got.

Below is the ES p/60 in their first 56 games in their rookie seasons for all 1OA forwards drafted that we have TOI numbers for. The average is 1.93 and the median is 2.02. So, he ends up with slightly below average production looking at the whole year, or slightly above average production if you remove the "training camp" of the early season. So, for anyone out there still under the impression that he had an historically bad rookie year for a 1OA... he did not. Like everyone else here, I'm sure, I wish that he had gotten PP time. I wish that he had gotten elevated more quickly after showing what he did on the kid line for that stretch, proving he was ready for it. Either way, here we are. I don't really think we have any cause for concern moving forward.

PlayerES p/60 56gp
McDavid3.0045gp
Ovechkin2.77
Crosby2.48
Kovalchuk2.38
Matthews2.32
Hischier2.30
MacKinnon2.21
Yakupov2.1848gp
Stefan2.02
Nugent-Hopkins2.00
Hall1.85
Lafrenière1.80
Nash1.66
Stamkos1.48
Tavares1.25
Hughes1.03
Lecavalier1.01
Thornton0.9055gp
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Still fear he will take more time than people think but nice to see positive signs. His backhand in tight is probably the best on the team.

Reactions: Cag29

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Kid would’ve had around 18-22 during a 82 game season. Getting 12 with no pp time and being on a first line he’ll easily be a 20+ goal per year player in his sleep. And he’s an elite playmaker. We got a good one on our hands.
If he was an elite playmaker this year then who wasn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad