Player Discussion Alexis Lafrenière: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Based on his 1OA pick, and points to date, despite the goal today, he’s been a bust so far. I want to be wrong but that day, and those goals and assists, seem far, far away. You can call it “peak whatever you like” and add sanctimonious excuses (unprecedented year, shit team) but the truth stands - Laf hasn’t produced.

If you're going to judge him based on 15 games of his career so far in a COVID season, then sure, I guess he's a "bust" as of now lol

Reactions: Nickmo82

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
Based on his 1OA pick, and points to date, despite the goal today, he’s been a bust so far. I want to be wrong but that day, and those goals and assists, seem far, far away. You can call it “peak whatever you like” and add sanctimonious excuses (unprecedented year, shit team) but the truth stands - Laf hasn’t produced.

How many points define a non-bust? This season because of the pandemic can't be a measure of future success.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Calling Laf a bust this early into his career is ridiculous.

I also think yesterday shows the value of playing high ceiling rookies with the skilled vets. I love the way Rooney plays the game, and understand making guys like Laf and Kakko into more well rounded players, but they need still need to play with guys who help them produce.

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
He recognizes the ‘expected’ play of a quick deflection, shows some soft hands and a great first touch in order to make that move right off the pass and lifted it literally with a stick already in his back. Had he wasted any time receiving the pass he wouldn’t have gotten it off, nice goal.

AB and Panarin with top notch plays earning those assists too

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
If you're going to judge him based on 15 games of his career so far in a COVID season, then sure, I guess he's a "bust" as of now lol
Excuses are like assholes. This thread is full of them.

He's having a historically bad start for a #1 pick , those are the facts. He's been a bust so far in that sense. Although I place more blame on the team/org than on the player, fwiw

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Excuses are like assholes. This thread is full of them.

He's having a historically bad start for a #1 pick , those are the facts. He's been a bust so far in that sense. Although I place more blame on the team/org than on the player, fwiw

"No pre-season" and "COVID year" apply to every player. I never bought that as an excuse

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
But Laf is a rookie. Circumstances are different in that sense, even if he was a #1 overall pick.

So are Höglander, Kaprizov, Stützle, Smith, Miller, Lankinen, Romanov, Byram.

Lafrenière has had a slow start. While other rookies haven't. What's the problem behind that? I don't think it's Lafrenière

I think it's this system he is playing in that doesn't allow for creativity

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Man you guys are impatient.

upload_2021-2-21_17-44-6.gif

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
So are Höglander, Kaprizov, Stützle, Smith, Miller, Lankinen, Romanov, Byram.

Lafrenière has had a slow start. While other rookies haven't. What's the problem behind that? I don't think it's Lafrenière

I think it's this system he is playing in that doesn't allow for creativity
One doesn’t preclude the other — but now we’re back to counterfactuals and speculation. “If things were different, then they might be different.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad