Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Why-Male-Models-Improvised.jpg

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Isn't that what we were laughing at? Is there something else I'm missing?

^ I think he might mean the "LW" part....?

Both.

Anyway, as a Caps fan it sounds so familiar. With Semin, you are guaranteed to have an injury or a disease somewhere in the season.

I have to admit that he goes on IR sometimes for ridiculous reasons.

When he won the World Championship with Russia in 2012, he injured himself with his own gold medal :laugh:

http://www.russianmachineneverbreak...s-himself-with-his-own-gold-medal/#more-35329

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Both.

Anyway, as a Caps fan it sounds so familiar. With Semin, you are guaranteed to have an injury or a disease somewhere in the season.

I have to admit that he goes on IR sometimes for ridiculous reasons.

When he won the World Championship with Russia in 2012, he injured himself with his own gold medal :laugh:

http://www.russianmachineneverbreak...s-himself-with-his-own-gold-medal/#more-35329

Perhaps but many players get injured every year and very few of the guys playing top minutes make it through an entire season. Semin also plays through injuries contrary to the popular myth that he never does. In reality, he is no different than any other player generally, he's just Alex Semin....

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It's getting weirder and weirder around here.....must be what happens to a fan base that follows a crappy team..

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Semin's agent speaks up about his recent injury issues. Apparently he saw a doctor on Monday. The Google translate is fantastic.

- What happens to your client Alexander Semin? It holds one of the worst seasons of his career.
- Worse season, let's call a spade a spade. Forget about all the rumors about Semin. With it, nothing happens, coma that he had problems with his health. He Monday was a doctor. Sasha was told that he should not play week.
- He was badly operated brush in the offseason?
- The last five years before the operation Sasha had serious problems with the brush. Then pull it was impossible, otherwise he would have remained without any hands. Recovering quickly occurs. Now a new tensile elsewhere. Therefore, we must also rest.
- The black bar in life.
- It happens. That groin, then back. One after another, they'd go. When health will not have problems, then everything will return to their seats.

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/768089

We knew he wasn't healthy. Staal is also clearly trying to play through something. I get that sometimes you can do that and it won't get worse, but neither have been getting better.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That Google translate explains everything. He was in a coma, woke up thinking he was a doctor on Monday, and was told to take the week off in an attempt to convince him he's actually an NHL hockey player.

But his injuries must be getting worse. First the coma, then he's apparently got an injury so bad, his hands must be amputated?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Semin back to IR. He ate Bojangles for the first time, not realizing you are supposed to share the tailgate special and tore his glute.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Semin's agent speaks up about his recent injury issues. Apparently he saw a doctor on Monday. The Google translate is fantastic.

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/768089

We knew he wasn't healthy. Staal is also clearly trying to play through something. I get that sometimes you can do that and it won't get worse, but neither have been getting better.

Why doesn't Semin's agent run this damage control in interviews here in the States...where his client is getting killed in the media.

Expectation communicated in the media was that his wrist would be "ready" at the start of camp in Sept...about 5 months after his surgery. We're now at about 8 months from his surgery. If 5 months of recovery and rehab wasn't enough, his agent needed to get out in front of this to temper expectations.

I don't know what Semin's injuries are in total but there is little doubt that his wrist is still ****** up and far from back to "normal". He can't shoot the puck, he can't stick handle and his passing is just "off". It's very obvious unless you want to be of the mind set of the old "narratives" regarding him.

I will say that I think that he may not have taken his rehab as seriously as the powers that be would have liked and that may have gotten him into hot water and off to a bad start with management. Wrists are critical for this game, especially his, and I would think that he will take some time to get back to normal and then have to relearn the use of it. It has been an issue for a long time. It's why some players, like Crosby for example, have declined off season wrist surgery.

You aren't going to turn Semin into a grinder, for example, no matter what you do. Far better off to get him some skill to play with somehow or move him out. This team is made up of a mish mash of guys that just can't click in any kind of system IMO.

His wrist may still be a problem...but it's not like he was getting into good shooting positions and firing muffins or missing the net. 49% of his shot attempts have been blocked...this is highest on the team...the next highest % for a forward (with more than 10 attempts) is Riley Nash at 29%. Maybe a hobbled wrist saps his mojo and it bleeds into the rest of his game...

No one is asking Semin to be a grinder...when he was benched, the coach was asking him to play faster...don't confuse those two things. The management and coaching staff definitely want to see the skill level from Semin that got him $35MM commitment from the team.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm guessing "now a tensile elsewhere" means he hurt something else. Remember his first injury before the one game return was for lower body. Entirely possible something else popped up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad