Alexander Semin placed on IR, Brett Bellemore activated

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
no, that one would end "sometimes, you get disbarred"... oh yeah, I went there.

tumblr_luknndtrik1qkq0wr.gif

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I miss seeing Semin score. Guy had a great shot. It's disappointing and I hope he gets back on track. When he was at the top of his game, he was quite dangerous.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I miss seeing Semin score. Guy had a great shot. It's disappointing and I hope he gets back on track. When he was at the top of his game, he was quite dangerous.

I believe that his wrist is nowhere near 100% and his game depends on it.

Check out, as a comparable, the Caps Dmitry Orlov who also had wrist surgery as a result of an injury he sustained at the World's at the end of last season and how the Caps have been trying to deal with his recovery, though not the same kind of player obviously.

Wrist surgery like Semin had and had been putting off for a long time, is a very difficult thing to deal with rehab from, particularly for a guy that depends on his wrists like he does.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
I believe that his wrist is nowhere near 100% and his game depends on it.

Check out, as a comparable, the Caps Dmitry Orlov who also had wrist surgery as a result of an injury he sustained at the World's at the end of last season and how the Caps have been trying to deal with his recovery, though not the same kind of player obviously.

Wrist surgery like Semin had and had been putting off for a long time, is a very difficult thing to deal with rehab from, particularly for a guy that depends on his wrists like he does.

Orlov had a broken wrist which required surgery and pins...pretty nasty. He also had a setback in the summer when the wrist became infected.

I haven't seen details publicized on what surgery Semin had done...do you know?

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Orlov had a broken wrist which required surgery and pins...pretty nasty. He also had a setback in the summer when the wrist became infected.

I haven't seen details publicized on what surgery Semin had done...do you know?

No, just reading between the lines and knowing that Semin has had wrist issues beyond last season that he/they continued to not deal with. His wrist was finally at the point that he could no longer not have the surgery. Wrists are a bugger to rehab, especially for a player who's game is wrist dependent.
Whether or not a "set back" has taken place, it has been obvious all season that he is struggling with it.
Then in late summer he came back early because rehab wasn't going well, etc..
Lots of indicators if one doesn't want to just choose to watch him play and notice how different his game is. Not even close to how he usually plays.
If he's in their long range plans they may as well just shut him down for the season all things considered and get him healthy without risking further problems.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
The Hurricanes were much better last season when he was performing quite well. I hope he recovers soon.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Not a bad game by Semin yesterday against Buffalo. He made a nifty pass that led to a goal and seemed to shoot the puck at the net more. Keep up the work!

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Probably hanging out at home, or maybe the grocery store right now. I dunno, maybe he went on vacation during the All-Star break. What do I look like, his keeper?

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Having followed Semin's career for a long time, I can firmly say that I have never seen him play the way he is out there this year. It's unreal and weird actually. Semin has always done what the coach has asked of him. In Washington this is fact not the fictional narrative.
Something is going on that the media isn't portraying. The Semin "not moving his legs", the Semin "doesn't care or try hard enough" is what they're selling and it's being swallowed hook, line, and sinker.
To me it's ridiculous asset management. If he doesn't fit with the new rookie coach, at the very least, do everything you can to move him, not bury him and make him worthless. To me this is nothing more than a personal conflict between Peters and Semin and it's dumb. IMO the rookie coach has a few things to learn himself or he'll be out sooner than he would like, sipping beer with a guy like Tortorella somewhere.

edit: he came in saying that which garnet quoted, sheesh. First press conference I think. SMH.

So you say you've never seen him play like this in his career...assume you mean that in a bad way. If the pace of play/compete level critique is invalid, can you go into more detail about what you see wrong in his game? There has to be something he's doing wrong on the ice...right?

Also, you speculate a personal conflict with Peters. Do you think the personal conflict is causing the poor play...or is the poor play causing the conflict?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad