Player Discussion Alexander Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If he keeps this up until mid season or so, Bergevin will have to consider resigning him early, even if it means leaving another player exposed at the expansion draft.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 3 years at 7M AAV.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
If he keeps this up until mid season or so, Bergevin will have to consider resigning him early, even if it means leaving another player exposed at the expansion draft.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 3 years at 7M AAV.

Might as well, we only have like 3 forwards worth protecting anyway.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Where would we be without Radulov right now?

I think our showing while he was out with the flu says it all. Considering he's performed so well so soon AFTER recovering says a lot about his skill and his drive. Too bad he can't skate 60 minutes a night.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Retire his jersey already.

With him inside and all? That would be something to see. :laugh:

On a more serious note, it's pretty clear that our leaders on the ice are now Price, Weber and Radulov. Two newcomers and a guy who was out with injury last year.

Seriously, if I'm the GM, I give the C to Weber and if Radulov signs an extension, he's got a letter as well.

jjmathews202

Jul 21, 2015

On a more serious note, it's pretty clear that our leaders on the ice are now Price, Weber and Radulov. Two newcomers and a guy who was out with injury last year.

Seriously, if I'm the GM, I give the C to Weber and if Radulov signs an extension, he's got a letter as well.

I agree. Rads is a leader big time. Apparently quite well liked in the dressing room. Amazing how lots of people feared he would have a Character problem (understandably so) and now he is proving how vital he is to the team. I think that proves just how well he has blown away expectations. :yo:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Good question! Probably not 3rd in scoring (63 goals in 20 games).

His consistency and effort should be contagious but it seems that others(patch,Gallagher,Plekanec) are unable/willing to mirror his level of compete. Do they possible resent a guy coming in and getting 6 million per after so many years away from the league?

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
I remember in the first version of this thread. People were considered having unreasonable expections for saying he would score 60+ points. I'm even a bit guilty of that, since I have been used to be disappointed with our RW acquisitions (Ryder, Parenteau, Briere, Vanek, Semin). I was hoping for a 60 point season but I didn't believe it so much.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

I agree. These 3 have really stepped up and I fear we'd be lost again without them. Last years so called leaders have just not shown up at all. Except Markov. He's been exceptional.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
I agree. These 3 have really stepped up and I fear we'd be lost again without them. Last years so called leaders have just not shown up at all. Except Markov. He's been exceptional.

Not to rehash a dead horse, but I think it speaks volumes about the leadership vacuum last season. The attention was directed at the wrong source and the problems still remain.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It's funny when he scored his goal, he looked at the glass to sort of jump into the crowd but all he saw was two old (probably)rich fatasses not reacting at all. lol

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's funny when he scored his goal, he looked at the glass to sort of jump into the crowd but all he saw was two old (probably)rich fatasses not reacting at all. lol

I wonder if Patch took him aside and explained to him how he should be a better person and not celebrate like that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His consistency and effort should be contagious but it seems that others(patch,Gallagher,Plekanec) are unable/willing to mirror his level of compete. Do they possible resent a guy coming in and getting 6 million per after so many years away from the league?

Patch/Gally/Pleky look to comfortable to me. It's time one of them was a healthy scratch at some point here down the road.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I heard this story on TSN 690 last month:

When Alex Radulov arrived in Montreal, Marc Bergevin had to explain to him why each player had two separate sets of hockey gear: one for practice and for one actual gameplay.

Bergevin told him that the Habs practice in Brossard and they play downtown, and so it's simply easier just to have two sets of gear at each location instead of transporting one set back and forth. Radulov still didn't understand. He said he only needed one set of gear. The reason? Because according to Radulov, he practices just like he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad