Player Discussion Alexander Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
What happens at the trade deadline and during the off-season will really go a long long way in determining the future of the Montreal Canadiens and the direction the franchise takes.

Price is in the last year of his contract next year, and they almost HAVE to be all in if they want to re-sign the best goaltender on the planet.

My guess/hopes what will happen during the off-season:

1) We RUN not walk but RUN as far away from David Desharnais and his 3.5 million dollar contract as possible. Goodbye little one. Go join all your friends on RDS.

2) We leave Tomas Plekanec unprotected in the expansion draft and he's taken by Las Vegas. Plekanec is a veteran leader with a ton of experience, entering the final year of his contract. He's a former captain of his country, he's a quiet leader and he's quiet away from the rink. All positive things that GM McPhee will want in Vegas.

3) Radulov is re-signed to a 3 year deal worth about 19-20 million. He's arguably the most valuable player up front, and been a true catalyst all over the ice in his first year as a Hab. He seems to love it here and he fits this team like a glove.

4) Markov is re-signed to a 2 year deal, worth around 3.5 to 4 million. It's a pay cut but not much of one, and a home town discount on his end might allow the team to save dollars to invest in a high profile free agent.

5) Trade Nathan Beaulieu

6) Habs sign UFAs Marleau and Thornton to one year deals, worth 6 million apiece. Both slight pay cuts, but they would be coming to a contender that has cap space and depth in all areas.

7) Habs use their combination of draft picks/prospects to acquire a top notch defender to play with Weber on the top pair.

Lines would look something like this:

Marleau - Thornton - Gallagher
Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - Mitchell - Flynn

______ - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
What happens at the trade deadline and during the off-season will really go a long long way in determining the future of the Montreal Canadiens and the direction the franchise takes.

Price is in the last year of his contract next year, and they almost HAVE to be all in if they want to re-sign the best goaltender on the planet.

1) We RUN not walk but RUN as far away from David Desharnais and his 3.5 million dollar contract as possible. Goodbye little one. Go join all your friends on RDS.

2) We leave Tomas Plekanec unprotected in the expansion draft and he's taken by Las Vegas. Plekanec is a veteran leader with a ton of experience, entering the final year of his contract. He's a former captain of his country, he's a quiet leader and he's quiet away from the rink. All positive things that GM McPhee will want in Vegas.

3) Radulov is re-signed to a 3 year deal worth about 19-20 million. He's arguably the most valuable player up front, and been a true catalyst all over the ice in his first year as a Hab. He seems to love it here and he fits this team like a glove.

4) Markov is re-signed to a 2 year deal, worth around 3.5 to 4 million. It's a pay cut but not much of one, and a home town discount on his end might allow the team to save dollars to invest in a high profile free agent.

5) Trade Nathan Beaulieu

6) Habs sign UFAs Marleau and Thornton to one year deals, worth 6 million apiece. Both slight pay cuts, but they would be coming to a contender that has cap space and depth in all areas.

7) Habs use their combination of draft picks/prospects to acquire a top notch defender to play with Weber on the top pair.

Hudon - Mitchell - Flynn

______ - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Do not want Thornton or Marleau.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
One thing I noticed is that he's taking far less PIM. I think he got more penalties in the first 3-4 games than the rest. Heck, when was his last penalty?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Why not trade him? People go all crazy because he's going through a rough patch, but the guy still has value.

Giving him away like that is poor management, IMO.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Radulov is such a beauty to watch. Also exactly the type of player that Galchenyuk needs on his line. Hopefully we can lock him up for a long time.

Radulov could play on any line on this team and he would make that line produce, he has a bit of everything in his arsenal. I would have Pacioretty with him and Chucky but we cant because DD.:shakehead

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business

5) Trade Nathan Beaulieu

Hudon - Mitchell - Flynn

______ - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

I've been saying for years that I wish Jumbo would come to MTL. Especially after they took his C away. I sensed SJS was falling apart at that time and they would do a complete rebuild. I was wrong. On top of it, unfortunately, he has a NTC. With a family and how is life is now, I can't see him doing that. I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

I do think it's comical that you have Byron in front of Max on the depth chart. I think that exposes some biases. On your lineups though, plug Max in where you have Marleau, and put Lehkonen in where you have Max and I'm sold. Would love that lineup. I think Jumbo with Max would be a great combo. He could feed Max the way people imagine DD did/does and it would work great. That's a very solid one-two punch on the top two lines. The third is strong too, for a third. I just don't see it happening. I think Joe stays put or retires.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I've been saying for years that I wish Jumbo would come to MTL. Especially after they took his C away. I sensed SJS was falling apart at that time and they would do a complete rebuild. I was wrong. On top of it, unfortunately, he has a NTC. With a family and how is life is now, I can't see him doing that. I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

I do think it's comical that you have Byron in front of Max on the depth chart. I think that exposes some biases. On your lineups though, plug Max in where you have Marleau, and put Lehkonen in where you have Max and I'm sold. Would love that lineup. I think Jumbo with Max would be a great combo. He could feed Max the way people imagine DD did/does and it would work great. That's a very solid one-two punch on the top two lines. The third is strong too, for a third. I just don't see it happening. I think Joe stays put or retires.

Doesn't matter who's feeding Max if he keeps giving the same effort that he's putting forth right now.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Doesn't matter who's feeding Max if he keeps giving the same effort that he's putting forth right now.

What do you mean? He's the Captain? Surely the Captain is giving 100% all the time.

Regardless if he's lazy or not, on a line with somebody that can create the space and feed him like Jumbo, he'll score goals. With Joe he would just need to stand there with his stick on the ice. I'm sure he could at least to that.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You'd hope so, but the reason Byron has been so successful with those two is because of his work ethic. I'd hate to break up that line.

Paul's been a nice surprise, but it's important for us to get our leading goal scorer the last few years going again.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The hype was always real for this guy. I said the day that he was signed that he was going to be a great mentor to Galchenyuk and bring his game to the next level.

I also hope that Scherbak gets a few games this season and learn from Radulov.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Paul's been a nice surprise, but it's important for us to get our leading goal scorer the last few years going again.

I really doubt that Byron will stay with Chucky and Radu for the remainder of the season. At some point, we will get in an offensive slump, and Therrien is gonna try Patch with them.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
I'd sign Radu up to 7.5M x 5 years

SIGN HIM UP

acb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad