Alexander Radulov is a top 10 winger in the National Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
This finally answers my question "Do people on hfboards watch games or watch stats".

So I take it you've watched all the players above and below him in points enough to judge accurately who he's been better than this season?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
This is based on what exactly?

Perry's play has gone down in the past couple of years, still tho i wouldn't say Radu is better than him right now. Personally i view them as about even player's atm, let's see how the season play's out first.

6 games isn't a big sample size, Perry's been a top RW'er for the past 9-10 seasons.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Radulov is easily better then Perry is right now. Steen and Parise don't belong in the class off players you have AR47 listed with, they're inferior offensive players.

I'd agree he's in the same tier/on the same level with Kucherov, Voracek, Marchand, Kessel though.

I don't think you'll find any rationale non-habs fan to agree with you that Radulov is better than Parise and Perry.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I don't think you'll find any rationale non-habs fan to agree with you that Radulov is better than Parise and Perry.

Well we'll see how it plays out and how they produce. If you told me I could take one guy on my team right now, I'd take AR47.

Edit: Wow this post blew up. Should be bumped a lot in the near future assuming it wont be locked.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He could be classified as a top ten winger by seasons end, I don't see why not. But we all know that it was never the talent and ability that was questioned.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Judging player by a stats is stupid thing...

Anisimov has more points (9 pts) and higher PPG than Radulov right now, but he is not good as Radulov... Not even close.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
lol not even close, i don't even think he's the best winger on his team tbh

Benn
Kane
Ovechkin
Kessel
Tarasenko
Marchand
Panarin
Nyquist
Voracek
Kucherov
Palat
Sedin
Wheeler
Steen
Pacioretty
Forsberg
Drouin
Hall
Gaudreau
JVR
Landeskog
Parise
Gallagher
Perry
Jagr

all guys i'd take over him easily, could probably add maybe 4-5 more names to that list. He's a good winger but top 10 is pushing it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
He's got one more point than Nail Yakupov :laugh: Let's calm down. He's quite clearly not a top 10 winger in the NHL, maybe a top ten right winger.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
How are people supposed to rate him properly when all we have of current data is a 6 games span... Let him play a full season and if he's a PPG player then sure, we'll have something to stand on.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He's going to get a big raise next year. Will the Habs be able to afford him?

We're already paying him almost 6M.. how much more is he gonna get?

Anyways Markov and Desharnais's contracts will be off the books after this season. Even if we resign Markov it'll be for way less.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Wheeler's coming off a 78 point season and has the same points as Radulov in less game this year, wait who's laughing now?

I thought a Hab's fan would be impressed with that number considering no one on your team has hit it in 9 years.

Viktri

Apr 25, 2007
Vancouver
He's got one more point than Nail Yakupov :laugh: Let's calm down. He's quite clearly not a top 10 winger in the NHL, maybe a top ten right winger.

^^^ +1

Jagr's time in the KHL rested him - let's see whether Radulov can survive 82 games + playoffs. Lots of players play well in the beginning of the season but can't handle the grind.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
He's pretty meh.

I'd have him

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Rodin

Gaunce - Granlund - Hansen

Skille - Megna - Radulov

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I dislike when people create threads like this and don't even give out reasons, but they instead just say "Discuss". :shakehead
Lol, so true.

It's literally - Radulov is TOP10 winger in the NHL. Discuss. :laugh: :laugh:

I mean, that's like saying - Crosby is the best player in the world. Discuss. - But of course in that case the presumption is valid and assumes that majority should agree with that. This assumption about Radulov does the same, and that's why it's wrong, because in no way is it clear that Radulov is TOP10 winger in the league, in the same way like Burns or Hedman are TOP10 defensemen for example.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
He looks like Ovechkin from his MVP seasons where he was an impossible to contain ball of energy on PCP. Could well end up the top winger this season if he keeps playing like this.

Oilers should have pulled out all the stops to sign him. McDavid would be flirting with 130 points with Radulov on his line.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
He hasn't been good enough that I would pick him over 10 other wingers. Easy no for me. Could change by the end of the season but I don't have any reason to think it will based on what he has shown so far.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
He looks like Ovechkin from his MVP seasons where he was an impossible to contain ball of energy on PCP. Could well end up the top winger this season if he keeps playing like this.

Oilers should have pulled out all the stops to sign him. McDavid would be flirting with 130 points with Radulov on his line.

I like how the guy that had 2 points in his first 5 games before one big night is now being compared to a guy with some of the most dominant years of the past decade

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I like how the guy that had 2 points in his first 5 games before one big night is now being compared to a guy with some of the most dominant years of the past decade

No one compared their point production, just on ice play.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Please list the 10 RWers you think are better than Radulov so we can all have a nice chuckle at the end of the season.
Not the person you quoted, but..

Kane, Pavelski, Wheeler, Tarasenko, Kucherov, Perry, Kessel, Stone, Voracek are all safely above him for now, IMO.

Simmonds, Zucc, Neal, and Okposo are right there to round out the rest of the top 10, heading towards the top 15.

I think Radulov certainly has the tools and the toolbox to establish himself in that top 10, above the Simmonds/Zucc/Neal types, but how can we say for certain this early in the season? Sure he dazzled in the KHL and has shown he could hang in the NHL previously in his career, but at no point has he cemented himself as a top 10 winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad