Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 4)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Incredible that he plays at 50+ goals pace when he has over 1200 NHL games behind him already. Watching Ovi play makes me realize that he could pull a Jagr and play until he’s 45 if he wanted to.

I think he could not only break the record but push for 1000 goals if he doesn’t stop.
Don't think this far ahead. Bad juju. No jinx.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Don't think this far ahead. Bad juju. No jinx.

Come on man, I've been saying stuff like that for years before people even thought it was a possibility for him to push 700-800 goals.
His game is improving at age 36, I don't recall seeing that before in hockey.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Come on man, I've been saying stuff like that for years before people even thought it was a possibility for him to push 700-800 goals.
His game is improving at age 36, I don't recall seeing that before in hockey.
upload_2021-12-5_11-54-35.gif

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

crab

Jan 26, 2019
not just that, but saying the NHL would cover it up if it was discovered…lol….

They are so embarrassing. The same claim could be made about Malkin with the Russian ties/steroids.

I guess he juiced and those cups should have an asterisk. Body is falling apart now from all the juice…. League would cover it up though so will never find out since they don’t want to tarnish those Cup wins and their golden boy. See how easy it is :)

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
He is clearly not juicing lol. I mean he is not type of player anymore that relies on athleticism or explosiveness which PEDs are more or less made for. The older he has gotten the more he has relied on opportunism and his absolutely lethal shot. Also can't forget that he still understands game very well and knows where he needs to be to have a scoring chance. If he was using any sort of illegal substance the results would be very different and he would be completely different player which he is not.

Anyway it was bound to happen that someone would call him out on PED usage, because of the season he is having. And the accusations coming for pittsburgh is no surprise to anyone.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Sometimes there’s a “where there’s smoke there’s fire” thing to steroid accusations. It was certainly that way with Lance Armstrong and [insert any Baltimore Orioles player here], for instance. But in Ovies case, all the smoke on steroids has only come from Pittsburgh and one hack reporters open speculation with no sources. So I don’t buy it.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Sometimes there’s a “where there’s smoke there’s fire” thing to steroid accusations. It was certainly that way with Lance Armstrong and [insert any Baltimore Orioles player here], for instance. But in Ovies case, all the smoke on steroids has only come from Pittsburgh and one hack reporters open speculation with no sources. So I don’t buy it.

If Ovi was on steroids I think he would put guys through the walls and the puck through the net.

Ovi has perfect positioning and hockey IQ now, that’s why he remained so effective

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think once Ovechkin settle down and got married and have children he put more time into nutrition and fitness and stop going out to the Russian house after games… but you know steroids…

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Why do we care about Penguins fans? :laugh:

They are drifting towards being a lottery team and their fans are scrambling because Ovechkin is quickly surpassing both Jagr and Crosby in all-time lists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad