Player Discussion Alexander Khokhlachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Brad Marchand is an example of Claude making a kid flourish. Noel Acciari is an example at all? but Khokhlachev is dead in the water after 9 career games and 91 total playing minutes? Marchand took 23 games to get his second point on the board, Acciari still has yet to do so in 19.

Noel Acciari also has two whole years of age on Kohkhlachev. This fan base has some serious issues with stockholm syndrome when it comes to young players.

Alex Khokhlachev got 51 minutes this year. 51. Many posters should seriously be getting into the scouting game if they can make a determination in 51 minutes of playing time spread over 5 games. B's could use you, as they've got a history of making poor decisions in the 20-23 age range.

For a little perspective, from 3/18 to 3/24, David Krejci played roughly 81 minutes..in those games he went scoreless and was a -6. How insane would you sound right now if you were pushing to trade Krejci because of that 4 game streak?

The last two seasons it was Spooner, this year it was Khokhlachev. I wonder who we get to have this same exact conversation about next year. Ironically, a lot of the same people fall into the same sides year in and year out. I may put my money on Czarnik, although he's a little older than the usual suspects.

Same arguments "Yeah, but ____ has looked completely out of place. AHL lifer" "Look at Brad Marchand and David Krejci's NHL starts"(We can probably add Spooner in here now too) "Yeah but those were different"

Max Talbot and Zac Rinaldo combined for 1 less game this year than Khokhlachev has total career NHL minutes. B's were sure better off for it.

Good post... I've come to the conclusion off ice or other? determined Koko's fate....not NHL ice time.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Well that could be attributed to his first taste of CJ's wrath...when he made a mistake and wound up with a whopping sub 3 minute ice time total. I would be super cautious too if making a mistake meant that I spent just under 60 mind on the bench.

Oh my god, a young player got benched in one game. If getting benched once is enough to cause him to shrivel up out of fear, he's not going to make it.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Koko got his shots in the preseason and on a few separate occasions in the regular season. He also had 200 ish games in the AHL to show that he could develop what they were asking of him. I don't see anyone claiming that he earned more time by his performances against NHL players. That's on him.

I don't get people pointing to Kempeinen, Rinaldo and Talbot- all three have shown more when they got their shots in the NHL and no one believes they should get a full time guaranteed spot in Boston next year either (which is what Koko is demanding).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He's played 206 total games for Providence, leading them in scoring twice and coming up second this year to Griffith.

Come playoffs for Providence, he's provided 19 points in 20 total games.

All of this as a "top prospect". How hasn't a shot to prove himself more than 51 minutes and additionally, what COULD you prove in 51 minutes? Was keeping Talbot, Rinaldo, Kemp, Ferraro on the ice that important to the franchise?

so the four players you mentioned in your last sentence are all 4th liners, you think Koko should have been given a shot on the 4th line, Kemp played 3rd but at best was a 4th? Please, most here would be yelling and blaming CJ for putting him with a bunch of stone hands

Bottom line is he wasn`t taking any spots from Bergy or Krejci, he`s been passed by Spoons, he can`t play wing from reports I have read and he isn`t a guy you want playing 4th line. Translation, there`s no spot for him, I won`t argue his skill set is vastly better than the 4 you mentioned, but lack of spot for him, and he doing absolutely zippo in his appearances are the reasons he ain`t on the big boy squad

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Bottom line is he wasn`t taking any spots from Bergy or Krejci, he`s been passed by Spoons, he can`t play wing from reports I have read and he isn`t a guy you want playing 4th line. Translation, there`s no spot for him, I won`t argue his skill set is vastly better than the 4 you mentioned, but lack of spot for him, and he doing absolutely zippo in his appearances are the reasons he ain`t on the big boy squad

This is also how I see it. I truly don't understand all the sturm and drang over a bottom six center stuck behind better alternatives. Maybe he will be an ok player someday. Today however his game is not sufficient to unseat any better choices. Instead of lamenting the plight of a mediocre center in the pipeline perhaps hand-wringing should be directed towards the lack of any apparent help in the wings for a putrid blueline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad