Player Discussion Alex Tuch (acquired via trade from VGK)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20230830_224809_Instagram.jpg

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
What’s up with Tuch’s health? First there’s the Rob Ray hot mic where he said Tuch is being “held together with duct tape” and now I see kris baker talking about how Patrick Kane could fill in for Tuch when he inevitably gets injured. Does he really have that bad of an injury history?

• Wow
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
What’s up with Tuch’s health? First there’s the Rob Ray hot mic where he said Tuch is being “held together with duct tape” and now I see kris baker talking about how Patrick Kane could fill in for Tuch when he inevitably gets injured. Does he really have that bad of an injury history?
Where and when did Ray and Baker say those things?

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Ray on a hot mic during one of the prospect games, and Baker on a video posted today talking about a potential Kane trade.
Huh.. Funny, I didn't hear any of this prior to your comment. Not saying you're wrong just surprised I didn't catch there comments through Sabres twitter. Did he get injured during the offseason or at Worlds?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Huh.. Funny, I didn't hear any of this prior to your comment. Not saying you're wrong just surprised I didn't catch there comments through Sabres twitter. Did he get injured during the offseason or at Worlds?
We talked about it on here quite a bit at the time. I actually am confused about it, not sure I’ve heard about any habitual issues,

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Idk if Ray was talking about his history but I specifically remember Tucker talking about his gym regimen being focused on staying healthy throughout the season.

He had 3 tough seasons in the 50s GP and came over hurt (maybe I'm wrong) but 74 last year is pretty run of the mill. Hopefully he's going into October feeling 100%.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
I hope they can sign him in 25'/26'; he will be 30 and almost makes 5mil now, I wonder what he's looking for.

He'd prob be at 8/9 mil, so a 3 mil-4mil raise, yet cap space- with the young guns- will be so barren.

He may have to take the hometown discount, but that's still a little aways from now.

Every mil matters, I have faith in KA to maintain this ship.

*Edit to say let's hope his health holds up, I had no idea about any of that.

(crossing my fingers I didn't jynx it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Tuch has an incredibly aggressive playstyle, he is going to get banged up sometimes. Broken Tuch is better than any other winger we have not named Skinner.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
There has been research that shows that being bow legged helps with skating.
I was going to mention that as well. Our son is bowlegged, and he was fast as shit as a skater and on the soccer pitch. I took him to an orthotics place to have his gait looked at, and they told me that there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad