Alex Tanguay

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
He'll be in. He was healthy by the end of the playoffs. Should be on the second line.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
What do you guys think?

RYAN O'REILLY MATT DUCHENE JAROME IGINLA
GABRIEL LANDESKOG NATHAN MACKINNON ALEX TANGUAY
JAMIE MCGINN MAXIME TALBOT DANIEL BRIERE
CODY MCLEOD JOHN MITCHELL MARC-ANDRE CLICHE

PATRICK BORDELEAU
JOEY HISHON
PAUL CAREY

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
What do you guys think?

RYAN O'REILLY MATT DUCHENE JAROME IGINLA
GABRIEL LANDESKOG NATHAN MACKINNON ALEX TANGUAY
JAMIE MCGINN MAXIME TALBOT DANIEL BRIERE
CODY MCLEOD JOHN MITCHELL MARC-ANDRE CLICHE

PATRICK BORDELEAU
JOEY HISHON
PAUL CAREY

Really don't want Cliche in the line up. Rather Bords be in there. Hishon will be in the minors. No idea where Carey ends up. I don't think he ever sees the NHL again though.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
We seemed nearly unbeatable with Tangs in the lineup
Hope he can stay healthy, was surprisingly better defensively
than I thought he'd be

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He was really good when he played last season. Solid defensively, played the point on the power play, and jelled with Stastny and Landeskog.

I hope he can stay healthy. If not, Jamie McGinn and now Daniel Briere will again see a lot of top-6 minutes this season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya, a healthy Tanguay makes a huge difference for this team. He's still a big time gamer, could put up 60+ points playing with Landy and Mack.

Wouldn't be surprised if Roy doesn't try Iggy and Tangs together at some point though. They have fantastic chemistry together.

Landy - Duchene - ROR
Tanguay - Mack - Iggy

At some point I think that could work, couple guys on there off wings but a Powerforward and a strong playmaker on both lines.

As for the bottom 6, IMO Ginner Briere and Talbot will make up that line. Briere still makes a decent game at Center, so I think they keep him there and move Malkin either to 4C or 3RW and move Talbot to the 4th line.

McGinn - Briere - Malkin
McCleod - Winchester - Talbot.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I think Tangs and Iggy should be on the same line. I know that had great chemstry in CGY. Although it has been three years?

The problem with that is that it will put Lando or MacK with Duchene which have been disastrous combos.
Unless Tangs and Iggy play with Duchene, and a Lando-MacK-McGinn/ROR line after that. (if ROR is traded).

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
I like this for our starting line-up:

ROR - Duchene - Iginla

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Tanguay

McGinn - Mitchell - Briere

McLeod - Winchester - Talbot

Bodeleau/Cliche

Hejda - EJ

Stuart - Barrie

Holden - Redmond

Elliott/Guenin

Get rid of Wilson please.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The problem with that is that it will put Lando or MacK with Duchene which have been disastrous combos.
Unless Tangs and Iggy play with Duchene, and a Lando-MacK-McGinn/ROR line after that. (if ROR is traded).
I don't see how Landy/Duchene was disastrous. If I remember, they barely had enough time together. I know they started the lockout year together with PAP, but then Landy got concussed and I don't ever remember them playing together very often.

I want Landy with Mack, but I don't think he'd be bad with Duchene.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I like this for our starting line-up:

ROR - Duchene - Iginla

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Tanguay

McGinn - Mitchell - Briere

McLeod - Winchester - Talbot

Bodeleau/Cliche

Hejda - EJ

Stuart - Barrie

Holden - Redmond

Elliott/Guenin

Get rid of Wilson please.

Flip Stuart and Hejda and I expect that to be our starting lineup. Shiny new toy syndrome + Sakic's words indicate Stuart and EJ will play together.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver

Also from what I remember wasn't Duchene with Lando mostly through the Sacco era, and also before Duchene really found a solid play making ability. Also Mackinnon when he was just starting the season and struggling to score goals regardless of where he was at?

I could be mistaken and who really knows? Maybe they'll end up having awesome chemistry ( I do love a play maker, sniper power forward combo ), Maybe not though. We'll have to see, what we do know is Iggy and Tangs have chem but also so does ror and landy and ror and dutchy.

I am very interested to see what the line's will ultimately end up being. This is all assuming Ror's still with the team.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Also from what I remember wasn't Duchene with Lando mostly through the Sacco era,

Only then, and they were terrible together every time they stepped on the ice.
Lando has changed his game though a bit now and Duchene has matured, so maybe it would work better now.
But at least keep MacK and Duchene off each other.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Tangs and Iggy should be on the same line. I know that had great chemstry in CGY. Although it has been three years?

I think that only makes sense if they play O'Reilly at center which they don't appear to want to.

Tangs is better on the right than O'Reilly or Landy are.

It makes for a good secondary option though if they need to switch things up. I'm sure they'll spend time together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad