Confirmed with Link: Alex Tanguay new Assistant Coach

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He has been used there sporadically and our point men never shoot the puck. Most one timers come from the circles. Despite the fact that situations have not been ideal for him, I've said a few times that I expect more from him as the pp net front guy he was billed to be.
Seider seems capable of getting shots through, but Ras is not on the same unit as Mo.

Circle shots are just fine. It doesn't have to be direct point-shot for screener.

Because many times, screener will also screen the pass from point on the side circles, and then goalies are late for the one-timer (when they can't see the pass early).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He has been used there sporadically and our point men never shoot the puck. Most one timers come from the circles. Despite the fact that situations have not been ideal for him, I've said a few times that I expect more from him as the pp net front guy he was billed to be.
Seider seems capable of getting shots through, but Ras is not on the same unit as Mo.
A screener helps regardless of where the shot is coming from. It doesn't matter if it's Raz or Erne or guys with a little less size, the point is we need more traffic in front of the goalie, maybe get some tips and rebounds.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tanguay seems to be candidate for Calgary Flames as an assistant coach.

So he is not extended at Detroit right? Remember his contract ended this summer.

Any rumours for the new assistant?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is he still running the power play for us?

With the additions of DeBrincat, Ghost, Sprong I am expecting our power play to be more dangerous than it has been.

We went from the 26th best PP (16%) up to the 17th best PP (21%) over the last 2 seasons.

Also we have the most right handed players on this team that I can remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad