Rumor: Alex Radulov close to signing with Maple Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Radulov, Sosh, Zaitsev Leo, Nylander, Rielly, Top pick from this years draft..

I'am watching every Leafs game the next year!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There we go. Friedman makes it public.

Never seemed like a player the Leafs would want anyway

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I still wouldn't be surprised that the entire NHL has blackballed Radulov. On talent alone all 30 teams should be in on the bidding for the player.

Why I don't see him as a fit is that the organization has been in the process of purging itself of players with special privileges and exceptions to things like training, practice time and style of play. To make things work with Radulov, looking the other way occasionally will be required to make things function.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is it considered a faux pas to publish DMs from twitter?

I mean, there's hardly anything there to hide. He wouldn't have replied to someone he doesn't know if he didn't want that information out anyway. I think he replied through DM by mistake anyway.

And since he made the information public himself, I deleted the screenshots.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
This management group seems to have their finger on the pulse of this team. They have a pretty good idea of what will work and won't, and Radulov circa 2012 is not a player who fits the mold the Leafs would be looking for. However, Radulov was 25 then, he's 29 now. It's possible he's matured as an individual and if Shanny and co. are confident that's the case, then by all means bring him abroad. If he gets out of line, Babcock is more than capable of dealing with it, and let's face it, we desperately need help scoring goals.

Not that I'm taking the report very seriously. It seems this time every year the Russian media seems to connect us to this or that player. Very few times do those reports turn out to be anything more than an attempt to get hits on their websites. The only thing that makes this one maybe slightly more credible (and "credible" is probably the wrong word to use, but whatever) than the others is the connection with Zaitsev, who looks like he will sign with us. Worth noting too he's from the same hometown as Soshnikov and probably knows Komarov from their respective times in the KHL.

Last edited:

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I have a hard time believing this management group would want that personality mixed in with such a young core. Unless they believe Komarov can put an arm around him and keep him on the straight and narrow. Seems too risky to me.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
300000000 Russian Ruble equals
4387971.000 US Dollar

The discrepancy between you two must be that he's using 2012 conversion rates. In 2012, the ruble was worth about 3 times what it currently is worth versus the US Dollar. I bet this is why Russian players are exploring other leagues again.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
The discrepancy between you two must be that he's using 2012 conversion rates. In 2012, the ruble was worth about 3 times what it currently is worth versus the US Dollar. I bet this is why Russian players are exploring other leagues again.

That's exactly my point. And in Russia, it's illegal to be paid in any other currency but the ruble.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
With Friedman shooting this down, close the thread up? Seems dead to me.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think it's too many headaches for Babcock. Maybe if it wasn't such a young locker room, but we are going to lack some legitimate veterans to have him around and keep him in line.

Just sign Zaitsev. That alone is pretty much good enough from the UFA pool this year.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I just wonder what a possible contract would look like.

I don't know, I guess we will see when CSKA is done their season. (Currently up 2-0 in the Semi-Finals)

Up 3-0 now with a triple ot 1-0 win.

Re his attitude issue, if this is true, I'm sure shanny would have called his buddy Sergi and had a candid conversation about him.
IF he comes her, I would think he would be a different personality than the one he is famous for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad