Rumor: Alex Radulov close to signing with Maple Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
(Figured This Deserved It's Own Thread.. Pretty Major)

So, we all knew the Leafs would likely be signing a player from CSKA, in the form of Nikita Zaitsev. (Thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2017543)

However, reports from Russia suggest that CSKA forward, Alex Radulov could be joining him.

From The Main Board:

According to the russian hockey site Allhockey.ru, Radulov is going return to the NHL and will sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs. Also Nikita Zaitsev will sign with the Maple Leafs

link to source

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I asked Friedman on Twitter if he had any news on it.

He just answered with the following:

I'm told no on the Radulov. I've reported Zaitsev will happen.

Perhaps the Leafs talked to him though.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
As I posted in that thread, if he came to Toronto it wouldn't be for long. With Hunter, Lamoriello, Babcock and Shanahan in the mix, you have four old school no-nonsense guys with little patience for diva antics. Radulov would find himself on a plane back to Russia within 24 hours of arrival in Toronto as his history suggests.

And how credible is that source? This may come as a shock to my friends and family, but I'm not actually Russian and have no clue as to the credibility of that site.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I just wonder what a possible contract would look like.

I don't know, I guess we will see when CSKA is done their season. (Currently up 2-0 in the Semi-Finals)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I asked Friedman on Twitter if he had any news on it.

He just answered with the following:

Perhaps the Leafs talked to him though.

Did you ask through DM? or maybe a fake account?

That tweet doesn't exist on his account.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Sounds like a shrewd Lou move to me. Talented Top line player for free? Obviously he'd be on a short leash.

Throw 2 years - 9.5 million at him... see if he bites. Why not?

IF we can land Stamkos, Radulov makes a lot of sense IMO, and those two would make us near instant playoff contenders IMO.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
It doesn't pass the smell test for what I think they're doing here. Even for a short contract.

I guess "Торонто Мэйпл Ливз" is the "Toronto Maple Leafs" in the Cyrillic Alphabet.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
It doesn't pass the smell test for what I think they're doing here. Even for a short contract.

I guess "Торонто Мэйпл Ливз" is the "Toronto Maple Leafs" in the Cyrillic Alphabet.

Looking beyond the 'problematic headcase'-bit, I think it fits perfectly. They get Radulov short-term, he provides insulation and support so that we can put our youngsters in a position to succeed beginning next season. And we don't tie ourselves up with an aging player, getting him for free and all.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Report out of Russia: Maple Leafs negotiating with Alex Radulov?

Read more at: https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2016...ov/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Since Radulov’s second controversial exit from the NHL after he was left unsigned following the incident with Kostitsyn in Nashville before a playoff game in 2012, he’s posted 173 points in 128 games for CSKA, finishing top three in scoring in 2012-13 and 2014-15 and most recently finishing second in the K with 65 points in 53 games in 2015-16. He’s posted 12 points in 12 games in the Gagarin Cup playoffs currently underway. As an NHLer, the 29-year-old right winger has posted 102 in 154 regular season games as well as 14 points in 18 NHL playoff appearances. Radulov makes $9.2 million a season in the KHL on his current deal.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I used to love him when he was coming up through the system and short stint in Nashville, I thought he will be a stud. But the history cannot be ignored, I hope he has matured. This aint Russia, and expectations of players off the ice are equally important as what they do on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad