Rumor: Alex Radulov close to signing with Maple Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I am completely confident that this management group knows which players to bring in. Even if those players have had a dubious past.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
What exactly makes Radulov a "head case?" I know he broke curfew once 4 years ago, but I don't know what other behaviour he's known for. Honest question because I don't know.

I don't really care that he broke his contract to go back to Russia because that's his home country. I don't think people would give Crosby crap if he broke a KHL contract to play for a Canadian team.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
What exactly makes Radulov a "head case?" I know he broke curfew once 4 years ago, but I don't know what other behaviour he's known for. Honest question because I don't know.

I don't really care that he broke his contract to go back to Russia because that's his home country. I don't think people would give Crosby crap if he broke a KHL contract to play for a Canadian team.

There's also this:

The guy is pretty nuts.

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
lets see what happens...based on what this management team has done everyone should have full confidence in them only bringing in players who can help the team both on and off the ice.

Although it sounds improbable to us, the article suggests that representatives from the Maple Leafs were in town to negotiate terms with both players...

Either way, if they make such a decision it would be after A LOT of background checks and research, which is a hell of a lot more than we will dig up on these boards!

Do you think that Luo, Shanny or Babcock would put up with any kind of nonsense behaviour on or off the ice with this young group? Not a freaking chance...so if a guy like Radulov is signed, its because they are confident that he has changed his behaviour and no doubt will be on a short leash.

Looking like its going to be an excising off-season for us...and it all starts when KHL playoffs are over...likely before we even get to see the draft lottery :popcorn: :naughty:

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
There's also this:

The guy is pretty nuts.

Was he disciplined for that? The only defense I can think of is that maybe he's trying to hit the glass with his elbow and his blade clips the coach? I mean, even if that's true, he shouldn't have done that with the coach that close... but it boggles my mind that he'd randomly attack a goalie coach and not receive any discipline. :amazed:

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Was he disciplined for that? The only defense I can think of is that maybe he's trying to hit the glass with his elbow and his blade clips the coach? I mean, even if that's true, he shouldn't have done that with the coach that close... but it boggles my mind that he'd randomly attack a goalie coach and not receive any discipline. :amazed:

Actually you can see him raise his hand as if to apologize at the end. Full story would be nice.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Actually you can see him raise his hand as if to apologize at the end. Full story would be nice.

It doesnt matter what the story is; he purposely hit his coach with a stick. Theres no excuse nor apology for that.

Anyways, theres enough to suggest this is probably bogus.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad