Alex Nylander

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nylander would not be a bottom 6 guy..so has to be on top 2 lines if he is kept in the show.

Kurashev or Saarela and Quennevilke all vying for 3C spit with Dach ..Only 1 will be given that job after AA traded...

Kubalik seen as top 6 winger .. Either be 1LW (with Toews and Kane)or 2RW (D-Cat-Strome line)...

Shaw swings ...IF Nylander not 1LW or 2RW then Shaw gets that other top six winger role instead ...if Nylander is in a top 6 wing role then Shaw is 3RW on the Saad line with that 3C to be determined. .

For 3C if they decide Dach needs 1 morexseason back in juniors then Saarela Kurashev and Quennevilke will battle for that open spot(after AA traded).

There is no spot for Nylander unless he fills either 1LW or 2RW ...

If Nylander is kept in the show in 1 of those 2 roles as 1LW or 2RW and therefore Shaw is 3RW,Then it means line 4 is:

Caggiula Carpenter Kampf

This means no spot for Perlini (if Nylander in a top2 line)

Do they really want to keep Perlini as just a 13th F?

So if Nylander is in the show then it probably means they trade Perlini...no room at the inn..

But then who would be 13th F?

Highmore?Quenneville?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don't see Sikura's fit as a 4th-liner. Therein lies the problem with him on the roster, even as a 13th forward. Does he PK? I don't think he did last season. IMO, he needs to "adapt" (aka change) his game to get a roster spot. Somehow I don't see that. I think his closest competition for a roster spot is Cagguila.

I see Caggiula more as a 1st or 2nd liner so we can spread out the top talent more evenly across the top 3 lines. That's what I would do, at least. Maybe try something like....

Nylander-Toews-Kane
Caggiula-Strome-Cat
Saad-AA-Shaw
Sikura-Carpenter-Perlini

Reactions: Muffinalt

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
I see Caggiula more as a 1st or 2nd liner so we can spread out the top talent more evenly across the top 3 lines. That's what I would do, at least. Maybe try something like....

Nylander-Toews-Kane
Caggiula-Strome-Cat
Saad-AA-Shaw
Sikura-Carpenter-Perlini

No Kampf? No Kubalik?

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
No Kampf? No Kubalik?

Total brainfart on my part.

So yeah, then I guess push out both Sikura and Perlini for them IF Nylander cracks the roster. That's a pretty nice looking set of forwards! Man would it be huge if Nylander can step in this year and contribute even 40-45 points with Kane and Toews.

Reactions: Cowch

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Total brainfart on my part.

So yeah, then I guess push out both Sikura and Perlini for them IF Nylander cracks the roster. That's a pretty nice looking set of forwards! Man would it be huge if Nylander can step in this year and contribute even 40-45 points with Kane and Toews.

I will take Perlini over Nylander based on their body of work at this point.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
I'd probably go for the upside with Nylander, but I'm pretty anti-Perlini to be honest. I just hate the inconsistent effort.

Well, Nylander has the same problem in Buffalo according to some, plus injuries to boot.

SMU51

Dachshund Breeder
Jun 30, 2018
There's some of similarities between Alex and Nino Niederreiter. Top 10 picks, lit up every international tournament they went to, ooze skill (moreso in Alex's case).

Here's Ninos first 3 years compared with Nylander's.

Niederreiter Nylander
D0.92ppg WHL1.44ppg CHL
D+12pt in 9 NHL games,
1.27ppg WHL
1pt in 4 NHL games,
0.43ppg AHL
D+21pt in 55 NHL games,
4pt in 6 AHL games
1pt in 3 NHL games,
26pt in 51 AHL games
D+30.67ppg AHL 0.63ppg AHL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Alex matched Nino's 2nd year NHL production in 52 less games and had nearly identical 3rd year AHL numbers. With Nino playing more of a power forward game, I think it is very reasonable to imagine Alex matching or exceeding Nino's 25G/50pt consistency. Time will tell what we have with Nylander, but there's a lot out there to believe that he is simply another young talent that was mismanaged or simply is a late bloomer.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well, Nylander has the same problem in Buffalo according to some, plus injuries to boot.

I've seen mixed opinions on his effort and some say that it wasn't as much of an effort issue but it was injuries slowing him down. Not to mention the Buffalo affect.

I want to see him in a red sweater before I judge his effort levels, but we already know effort is 100% an issue with Perlini as a Hawk.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Nylander would not be a bottom 6 guy..so has to be on top 2 lines if he is kept in the show.

Kurashev or Saarela and Quennevilke all vying for 3C spit with Dach ..Only 1 will be given that job after AA traded...

Kubalik seen as top 6 winger .. Either be 1LW (with Toews and Kane)or 2RW (D-Cat-Strome line)...

Shaw swings ...IF Nylander not 1LW or 2RW then Shaw gets that other top six winger role instead ...if Nylander is in a top 6 wing role then Shaw is 3RW on the Saad line with that 3C to be determined. .

For 3C if they decide Dach needs 1 morexseason back in juniors then Saarela Kurashev and Quennevilke will battle for that open spot(after AA traded).

There is no spot for Nylander unless he fills either 1LW or 2RW ...

If Nylander is kept in the show in 1 of those 2 roles as 1LW or 2RW and therefore Shaw is 3RW,Then it means line 4 is:

Caggiula Carpenter Kampf

This means no spot for Perlini (if Nylander in a top2 line)

Do they really want to keep Perlini as just a 13th F?

So if Nylander is in the show then it probably means they trade Perlini...no room at the inn..

But then who would be 13th F?

Highmore?Quenneville?

Oh yeah, I'd like to see Kurashev make the roster. Then certainly no spot for Sikura, and most likely no Nylander either. I'd hate to lose Perlini for peanuts, if he fails to stick.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Regarding the puzzle of what wings fit where, I’m thinking if multiple rfa wingers are pushing 20 g/40 p Saad will be moved. What would a motivated line of Perlini - Dach - Nylander be like? Or Saarela - Dach - Nylander?

Kubalik - Toews - Kane
Cat - Strome - Shaw
Perlini / Saarela - Dach - Nylander
Caggiula - Kampf - Carpenter
Kurashev

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd like to see him in the NHL and replace Kahuns numbers. I'm not putting higher expectations on him.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Regarding the puzzle of what wings fit where, I’m thinking if multiple rfa wingers are pushing 20 g/40 p Saad will be moved. What would a motivated line of Perlini - Dach - Nylander be like? Or Saarela - Dach - Nylander?

Kubalik - Toews - Kane
Cat - Strome - Shaw
Perlini / Saarela - Dach - Nylander
Caggiula - Kampf - Carpenter
Kurashev
I don't get these opinions, do you expect Dach to make the team already and for AA to disappear?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad