Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander traded to Chicago for Henri Jokiharju

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Montour, Miller, this new guy are all fresh acquisitions by Botts, assuming he thinks new guy is nhl ready. Who does Ristolainen displace?

I'm not sure I'd assume Jokiharju is guaranteed to make the roster out of camp. He might. If someone gets traded I think it's more likely he does.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
On one hand, I really wanted to see if Ristolainen could turn it around with less responsibility and better coaching. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing him included in a GOOD trade now.

RHD depth of
Ristolainen
Miller
Montour
Jokiharju
Bogosian
Nelson

Something has to give. 3 of those guys are VERY recently acquired. So it seems they're safe. Even with Bogo gone, it seems likely Ristolainen is going out.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Happy for Nylander getting out from under this organization. Time for him to go to a team that can develop top end forward talent.

Jokiharju is another Botterill strong skating Dman. Will fit in with others.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Nylander has a ton of skill - there’s a reason he was a top 10 pick. Some had him going 3-4 his draft year but nothing really has clicked. Based off my initial reaction, this seems like a risk transfer. Buffalo is probably getting, at worst, an NHL level defenseman with offensive upside, whereas Nylander may not crack the NHL at all.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Y5UrPfY.png

Not bad for a bad Chicago team defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad