Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander to Pens for Sam Lafferty

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
joker was always going to be a NHLer.

he played well much of the time when he played with Keith.

If only the hawks would be more patient with some prospects and cut ties quicker with some we would be in good shape.

trading Joker for Nylander was a disaster right from the get go, it should have never happened.
The trade only happened because for some reason Colliton didn't see in Joker what Q did, which is no surprise.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kirby may not be producing the way most think he can, but the rest of his game is clearly NHL caliber.

If you can't see that, there is no hope for you.
Of course I see it. But it's irrelevant until he starts producing.

We want him to be Spezza, not Wennberg.

He needs to go to Rockford and take on the responsibility of being "the guy". In Chicago he's just "a guy".

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Of course I see it. But it's irrelevant until he starts producing.

We want him to be Spezza, not Wennberg.

He needs to go to Rockford and take on the responsibility of being "the guy". In Chicago he's just "a guy".
Are forwards who play in all situations and often play more than 20 minutes a night "just a guy"?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Are forwards who play in all situations and often play more than 20 minutes a night "just a guy"?
It's about mentality.

Kirby doesn't think he's the guy right now. He's thinking "I'm inferior to Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Hagel, and Strome"

If he goes to Rockford, he is the guy, and he'll believe he's the guy. He needs to develop that alpha dog mentality.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It's about mentality.

Kirby doesn't think he's the guy right now. He's thinking "I'm inferior to Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Hagel, and Strome"

If he goes to Rockford, he is the guy, and he'll believe he's the guy. He needs to develop that alpha dog mentality.
How do you know what he’s thinking?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It's about mentality.

Oh ya I am sure Strome’s mentality is that of superiority lol, someone who can’t even see how bad his favorite player is watching him on TV on a daily basis is telling us about other peoples mentality lol

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
It's about mentality.

He's superior to Strome in every facet of the game, other than faceoffs. He works harder, thinks the game better, and skates worlds better than Strome.

He, Strome, every player, coach, executive, reporter and fan around the Hawks knows that.

Everyone, that is, except for you.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Man, Bowman turned into a real shitty GM after the 2015 win. Maybe a few successes but mostly terrible decision making that has led us from a Cup contender into perpetually being in the gutter

Painting self in corner with regard to cap and continually trading away good young talent as a result or giving away young talent as a result (TT) was eventually going to catch up to Hawks

Not to mention just straight up awful moves like giving away Danault and Joker for instance screwing Hawks. Trades were awful at time and become even more absurd as time went by

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
This trade is not a win.

Lafferty is worse than Nylander.

When Pittsburgh calls him up, I bet he'll do alright.
It's a win. Al Nylander was among the worst Blackhawks I have seen ever. I'll take both Mike Pelusos ahead of him. Lafferty need not play a single game and this trade being a win holds true.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Literally never saw what he could do this year, warranted or not. The guy produced in limited minutes when he was healthy, and showed flashes.

Now don’t construe this as me being a nylander fan because I’m not. I just think he always got a really harsh fan reaction for being ok. He was legit bad in the bubble so maybe thats why, but I thought he was decent prior.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Literally never saw what he could do this year, warranted or not. The guy produced in limited minutes when he was healthy, and showed flashes.

Now don’t construe this as me being a nylander fan because I’m not. I just think he always got a really harsh fan reaction for being ok. He was legit bad in the bubble so maybe thats why, but I thought he was decent prior.
The fan reaction isn’t the reason he spent all season in the AHL, that no other team wanted to trade for him, and that he eventually got dumped for essentially nothing.

The fan reaction was fine from the beginning because removing names from the equation the original trade was brutal. I said it at the time and still believe it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad