Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander to Pens for Sam Lafferty

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
We all knew nylander would get badly injured and ruin his development here.

give me a break with this patting yourself on the back bullshit

He sucked before he got traded to Hawks.
He wasn't good enough for the worst team in the NHL, Buffalo Sabres...

Hawks management saw his supposed potential and traded for him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What i have read from Pens fans posts; the negative and the positive.

He is a player that works super hard, really good, strong and fast skater,
is very physical, but is liability defensively and can't produce,
not because lack of skill, but not very smart hockey player.

He is a role player, a spark plug and i think he could be a key
fit to the team and if coached properly, very useful bottom 6 player.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Nylander. Was never a fan of his.

I'm also not impressed with Davidson either. A 4th or even 5th round pick would've been more than fine. Much rather have a lottery ticket even if the chances to hit are slim. Much better odds of something than a soon to be 27 year old 4th liner being what he is.

Davidson is yet to get an actual future for any of Krys, Nylander, Subban. Youd think they could at least get a 5th instead of two AHL plugs

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Davidson is yet to get an actual future for any of Krys, Nylander, Subban. Youd think they could at least get a 5th instead of two AHL plugs
An article was just linked saying no one wanted Nylander for free, never mind an actual future. But I guess you can’t fix dumbassery.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I gotta admit I'm vastly disappointed in how Alex turned out. William is faring off pretty well this season in Toronto. I was hoping that Alex would be as good or close but to no avail. I feel like the potential is there but for some reason it just hasn't materialized. Maybe it's a work ethic issue, who knows.

Ugh

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
What i have read from Pens fans posts; the negative and the positive.

He is a player that works super hard, really good, strong and fast skater,
is very physical, but is liability defensively and can't produce,
not because lack of skill, but not very smart hockey player.

He is a role player, a spark plug and i think he could be a key
fit to the team and if coached properly, very useful bottom 6 player.
Derek king is the coach so that won’t happen

Reactions: Pez68

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Nylander is likely a total bust, but this trade pisses me off more because the Hawks don't need another shitty 4th liner who couldn't score in a brothel with a fistful of hundos.
I'm not sure why the Hawks were so hesitant to give him games at the NHL level this year. There's nothing to lose at all, might as well see if he could have turned it around.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I gotta admit I'm vastly disappointed in how Alex turned out. William is faring off pretty well this season in Toronto. I was hoping that Alex would be as good or close but to no avail. I feel like the potential is there but for some reason it just hasn't materialized. Maybe it's a work ethic issue, who knows.

Ugh

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I'm not sure why the Hawks were so hesitant to give him games at the NHL level this year. There's nothing to lose at all, might as well see if he could have turned it around.

Yeah this is the strange one. Who knows, maybe smtg clicks randomly or he shows enough that someone bites with smtg better. Guess not.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
An article was just linked saying no one wanted Nylander for free, never mind an actual future. But I guess you can’t fix dumbassery.

When you look at the bigger picture its a failure. Gaudette (waivers), Nylander, Subban, Krys, and have all been lost and the only return we got is Gabriel and Lafferty...

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
When you look at the bigger picture its a failure. Gaudette (waivers), Nylander, Subban, Krys, and have all been lost and the only return we got is Gabriel and Lafferty...
What's it going to take for you to get these players have no value and no future?

Nylander is the only one now who could be making ahl impacts at least with a hope of a future. The others are all past the point of value. Some of them actively hurt you not just dumping for nothing because they block better prospects progress.

Soderbloom and Cale Morris got more opportunities now because Subban was gone, that one should be clear to see.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
King might be the type of coach that can maximize this Lafferty's game ....got keep bringing more edge the lineup....

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I get that it appears that way, but Chicago isn't doing him any favours either.

Same goes for Dach right now, and the countless failures of the past.

Unless a player is Alex DeBrincat, they just give up real fast or mismanage things.

At the end of the day, he has not played that well. Yes the circumstances are not ideal but at no point has Mitchell looked close to as good or better than Joker.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
At the end of the day, he has not played that well. Yes the circumstances are not ideal but at no point has Mitchell looked close to as good or better than Joker.
Q put Joker on the top pairing with Keith when he got here. He got plenty of opportunities. And when he started to look overwhelmed, he was no better than what the rest of you see in Ian.

Reactions: coolhand

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
joker was always going to be a NHLer.

he played well much of the time when he played with Keith.

If only the hawks would be more patient with some prospects and cut ties quicker with some we would be in good shape.

trading Joker for Nylander was a disaster right from the get go, it should have never happened.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Nylander for Joker was a bad one. Nylander has a lot of talent and clearly they couldn't get him to develop the toolbox he needed to succeed (this is on him as well).

I still don't get why JC didn't like him as a player when he first took over.
What talent what on earth are you smoking? You and your continuous bad takes for many many years, just take a little break from this pathetic passive low key Stan that man defending. Nylander’s small flash of a dangle once a blue moon doesn’t mean he has “tools”, this whole “tool-tool box” garbage is stupid to even utter. What do you mean by “they couldn’t get him”? It was no one’s fault but his why he couldn’t become an NHL player, he’s garbage and that trade was a failure from day 1…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad