Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander re-signs (1 year, 874k)

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Love it. Time to put in the work, Alex. Hoping he can really turn it on and hit a new level.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Im surprised its only one year. I hope Nylander is able to play consistently this year. Its would unfortunate if he only plays a bit and then let go

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Im surprised its only one year. I hope Nylander is able to play consistently this year. Its would unfortunate if he only plays a bit and then let go
Yeah, I wonder if it was the team or him that wanted a year deal?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Can’t deny he has the talent. Will be interesting to see how he does this year since he will have to earn a spot most likely.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
His last chance...Magically there us supposed to be a big difference between last time he played forvthe Hawks and NOW as a more mature 23 year old who should be FINALLY "ready" and to prove Hawks asessnent that he is only "scratching the surface" of what they believe will explode into a star.

So far nobody has seen him scratching anything let alone a surface
...but miracles in transformation can occur...but will they with him?

So Hawks get a cheap trial (once more) year to let him prove tgey should extend gim..
If (and it isxa big if) he emerges into atRdoem this season then any extentionwill cost big bucks...if he fails (agIn) then Hawks walk away or trade him (if tgerexarexanyvtakers).

The moon or bust! It is upro him...exertion ...battle ...defensivecrespinsibikity...all of these missing elements must now appear PKUS the expected production...

He must get his trial by battle in a top six forward role at a wing spit ...To be a mere 3rd kinercwill not cut itv because lots of cheaper 3rd liner will be available to replace him if thatvis all he can be with his talent level.

Tge goid news forctge Hawksvis he has plenty of incentive to be a difference-maker and he has to recognize tge urgency at this stage of his career...The bad news for thecHawksvis that a productive. Season for hom at he coukd cost a kitvto retain for tge following seasons.

But 1 thing at a time...Alex....PROVE IT!

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Can’t deny he has the talent. Will be interesting to see how he does this year since he will have to earn a spot most likely.

Yep that's where I'm at. I've never been a big Nylander fan but the talent is undeniable. I'm rooting for the guy to prove it.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Good contract for both sides.

Hawks spend nothing this year. Nylander has to go out and prove himself. If he can, they'll be more than happy to pay what he's worth.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I kinda thought he contract rolled over since they considered him a 2 year player only because he missed all year and didn't need expansion protecting

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Alexander "Evander" Nylander to Brandon: What's the name of your agent? - Anderton, something... Alexander: Aha, ok. Five times my pay he provided for you. Brandon: Seems so. I have no rich relatives like you do to borrow money from, though. And they better not send us to the AHL. There we would be equals salary wise. Alexander: Let's hope not. Would be a 33% downgrade for you. Looks like my option value is out the drain. Hagel: Options are good.

PS. Have you heard Nick Cave plays the Wimbledon! - Did he get a bad seed?

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Fine, but this his last chance. There’s guys coming up who work much harder than he does so he better figure it out.

Alexander has a good, strong skating. It only LOOKS slow.

But I always thought we would look good in a Lugano jersey.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Good for him, good luck Alexander!.

He'll play if the Hawks can find a spot for him, somehow, doubt it thou, (couple of injuries would help)
the new comers, forwards who didn't start last season, healthy Toews coming back and such,
there's just no room for him.

16 forwards, 4 fights from the last spot, AN is one of them.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Yes you very much can

Is he talented enough to play professional hockey? Sure
Is he talented enough to play top 9 in NHL? So far he hasn't shown much to justify it

Hawks gave up a young NHL RD for Nylander so his failings have been bad enough at this point

Either he shows something or we move on from mistake

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I don't think he can think the game well/quickly enough for the NHL.

And he's not absolutely elite at any one thing, so it's hard to work him into a specialized role.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yes you very much can

Is he talented enough to play professional hockey? Sure
Is he talented enough to play top 9 in NHL? So far he hasn't shown much to justify it

Hawks gave up a young NHL RD for Nylander so his failings have been bad enough at this point

Either he shows something or we move on from mistake

I meant talent in terms of skill and tools. You put a motor like Matthew Highmore in his body and you have a star.

I don’t think he’s going to workout but at least now we won’t have the excuse of he wasn’t pushed and was gifted a roster spot.

Reactions: Pertti

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021

I'm not the whole Nylander family are a bunch of narcissists. He's going to be asking for 3.5 million next year if he reaches 30 points.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
After watching his play so far with the Hawks I’m left wondering where is this talent that people speak of? I just see a winger going up and down the ice, not interested in being involved with the play.

Reactions: Pertti and BobbyJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad