Confirmed with Link: Alex Kovalev to sign 1 year deal with Florida Panthers

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I agree on the shootouts and worth the risk but would say bust is probable not maybe and if you want Kovalev to be a mentor to a younger player you're looking for trouble.

With someone as enigmatic as Kovalev, I'd say predicting is difficult with him, other than predicting that he is enigmatic. I think it just depends if he likes the situation for himself. I think that is what will dictate whether or not he will produce. Now, I am not saying that's a good characteristic for a hockey player to have. That's a totally different argument haha. Sure he's slower, but he still has the hands. 39 year old hands that will kick the **** out of most of our players' hands if not all of them on this team.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I'm glad we signed him. Despite his age and maybe current ability, he's still one of the most talented players we've ever had.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
And Stan fisher, perhaps the most respected hockey writer there is, said this'd hen I asked his opinion:

@StanFischler: Kovy is one of my all-time favorites. Terrific move for Florida. Didja know that Al plays the saxophone?

LMAO!

To **** with what Garrioch says...I'm waiting for panthers.nhl.com to post it up....

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Svatos is now rumoured to Slovan in the KHL... What about Kostitsyn? All fronts have been quiet on that one

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
didn't know that, thanks. He has been out of the line up in the KHL.

recently he once again messed things up with Radulov, while his Traktor was visiting Radulov's CSKA. for Radu it ended in two game suspension by team, probably something along the same lines for AK.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
This is awesome. I've always loved Kovalev. Easily one of my favorite players ever.

I think he'll do well here. I'm not expecting PPG production from him, but if he can pot 12-15 goals then he was worth it. As others have mentioned he already has better hands than most if not all of our players.

I hope he can revive a little bit of his career here. He can't have much left in the tank, but obviously something made him want to make the trip down here and put in a serious enough effort to get a spot on the team. I like the line of Hubs-Mueller-Kovalev because they're all 3 offensive guys. They all want to score, really, REALLY bad. I can't remember the last time this team had a line like that. Sammy-Goc-Bergy was a great line last year but they're really a 3rd line. When those two come back we'll have a great 3rd line with Kopecky. We literally have a whole new line added to the team. How can people think we won't score more?

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
recently he once again messed things up with Radulov, while his Traktor was visiting Radulov's CSKA. for Radu it ended in two game suspension by team, probably something along the same lines for AK.

Thanks for the news Blunderbore, mind explaining in detail?

I am intrigued by radulov and AK.

Thanks!

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
Thanks for the news Blunderbore, mind explaining in detail?

I am intrigued by radulov and AK.

Thanks!

the word is that they went AWOL just after the game and AK barely caught the plane next day.

AK is Kostitsyn here, not Kovalev; just to escape potential misunderstanding.

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
the word is that they went AWOL just after the game and AK barely caught the plane next day.

I am assuming they were up to no good after the game, kind of disappointing to hear.

Understandably these players are constantly playing on the road that a little of R&R is desired, but that kind of behavior is very irresponsible.

Mind giving an update on radulov and AK? Besides there horrid lifestyles outside of hockey. I was a fan of radulov in Nashville, and Ak in the habs.

(ahh yes, I meant AK as in Andrei kostitsyn - Sorry should have clarified it a bit)

Thanks again!

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Good signing. anxious to see how well that 2nd line does. Really hope AK can attract more of the defense which in turn would leave Huber open to make plays and score some goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad