Alex Kovalev invited to Panthers camp

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Thought DT learned his lessons during the curious case of Wolski with me, me, me, me, me and more me players. :facepalm:

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Thought DT learned his lessons during the curious case of Wolski with me, me, me, me, me and more me players. :facepalm:

No doubt Kovalev is a me me me me me player and I don't particularly like those types of players, but if he can turn me me me me me into "goal goal goal goal goal" then I can deal with it a little better. Something tells me that won't happen though. :laugh:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I really hope Kovie has something left in the tank and we sign him. He would be awesome addition to our powerplay and his hands are sick!! I think we might even see Hubs play center.

Kovalev-Huberdeau-Mueller

Last edited:

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
No doubt Kovalev is a me me me me me player and I don't particularly like those types of players, but if he can turn me me me me me into "goal goal goal goal goal" then I can deal with it a little better. Something tells me that won't happen though. :laugh:

He scored 1 goal last year in the KHL. He was amazing in the past but that guy doesn't exist any longer.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'm not expecting much from him but it can't hurt. I find it so odd that a player who is so "me first" is still trying to play.

Someone mentioned they wanted to see Arnott, apparently he's been skating with Dallas. I'd like him to tryout but I have a feeling he wants to go to a place where he's been before.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm not expecting much from him but it can't hurt. I find it so odd that a player who is so "me first" is still trying to play.

Someone mentioned they wanted to see Arnott, apparently he's been skating with Dallas. I'd like him to tryout but I have a feeling he wants to go to a place where he's been before.

That was me. Really want to see Arnott's big frame down the middle of our second line. Great at the faceoffs too.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I really hope Kovie has something left in the tank and we sign him. He would be awesome addition to our powerplay and his hands are sick!! I think we might even see Hubs play center.

Kovalev-Huberdeau-Mueller

We really don't need this guy corrupting Huberdeau.

Olax

Jun 15, 2009
He's would still be a big boost to our 2nd PP unit that's for sure. The question is how motivated and fit he is to be effective 5 on 5. He could be playing in the 3rd line with guys like Kopecky and co. to balance out the grit, or lack of it, in Kovalev. He and Huby on the PP could be fun to watch.

At a cheap price, he could give some scoring threat/PP power for the shortened season. First he has to prove that he can still hang in there with the speed of NHL.

I'm very interested to see how he performs at the camp.

-L-

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I think if he has anything left it's worth a shot. It would be different if it were a full season at his age. Then I wouldn't think he would be any help to the Panthers. But 48 games might be just his speed at this point.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
So he's only going to be not trying in 24 games instead of 48...sounds good.:sarcasm:

:laugh:

along those lines, anyone care to interpret this quote?

"I like the people in the organization and they changed the coach. I played against him many times. I know what they have done, I saw what they did last year with the changes and making the playoffs. I feel this is a good place for me, a good environment with the organization and the players.''

my take? dineen (unlike, say, deboer) is viewed as a coach who just lets guys play, for better or worse.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I guess it's worth a shot at see how he does in camp as he's healthy at the moment. I really don't expect much out of him since his play hasn't been much to talk about in the last three or four years. That could be due to injuries though. I'd expect Svatos to make the team before he would only because of the nine year age difference.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
:laugh:

along those lines, anyone care to interpret this quote?

my take? dineen (unlike, say, deboer) is viewed as a coach who just lets guys play, for better or worse.

Well he would of played against Dineen many times when both were in the Eastern conference for years.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I can see Kovalev playing the role as Samuelsson did last season. Probably put up 10-20 points, can maybe help on the PP, and he still has a great set of hands. In my opinion, at one time he probably had one of the best puck handling/skill set in his prime.

Wouldn't mind seeing him play 3rd line role, kind of saw this coming from DT.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He signs with us, ill **** and go buy his jersey as soon as i hear :) my all time favorite player

Everyone will wanna lynch me for making every excuse in the book for his off nights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad