Value of: Alex Killorn

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
i would have been curious what the nhl would have done if they had some dumbass gm give every player he signed a nmc to try and get around the limits they put in , but it would have prob been like okay you cant protect anyone.

I believe there's a rule that you have to have at least one eligible forward, defenseman, and goaltender (meeting the contract, NHL experience requirements, etc.) unprotected. Otherwise I'm sure some GMs would try.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I’d drop a 2021 second for him. No ones gonna do Tampa favours with the cap situation
Yeah and 29 other teams want to say the same thing. But if you want Killorn on your team instead of one of theirs, you have to outbid them. 29 teams don't get to submit a lowball offer for Tampa to just pick a name out of a hat.

Reactions: DFC

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Yeah and 29 other teams want to say the same thing. But if you want Killorn on your team instead of one of theirs, you have to outbid them. 29 teams don't get to submit a lowball offer for Tampa to just pick a name out of a hat.

What about Palat, could he be had for less? Just wondering as I don't watch Tampa so just looking at stats/age/contract.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Vasilevskiy's contract goes from $3.5 to $9.5 next season and Sergachev needs a contract.

I see, then makes sense. I am sure you could get a good return for Killorn. Too bad you signed up Gourde and TJ eh? Those gotta hurt.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I see, then makes sense. I am sure you could get a good return for Killorn. Too bad you signed up Gourde and TJ eh? Those gotta hurt.

Gourdes deal probably should never have happened but TJs deal is ok. He will eventually have to go too but it's not a "bad" problem imo. We have been able to replace players well in Syracuse over the years and we have a nice system going. Guys like Cirelli and Cernak step in and have been exceptional. The unfortunate thing about it to me is honestly Killorn and Johnson have had their core roles in some fantastic memories as a Lightning fan. I just hope we win one with this core of players. Eventually some young good players come in and some players who have expiring NTC will most likely be shipped out. The NMC and NTC were are big reasons why we got our players signed for cheaper than some people thought they would. They want to stay here and that's also kind of a thing that is good and bad in their own ways.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Don't forget that the teams he puts on his MNTC will likely want to trade for him. He's going to know who wants him. So he can force TB's hand by limiting their trade options. If he wants to, of course.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It's weird how few people seem to understand this. It's not like TB is calling up one team and getting whatever they offer.

Killorn's going to the highest bidder, barring some cap magic by JBB. He's a solid player on a good contract who'll be coming off a career year. There should be 3 or 4 teams, at least, who can use a guy like that. If he hits 30 goals, he'll land a 1st. He'll land a 2nd even if he does.

Reactions: DarthProbert

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Gourde's deal sort of hurts, only because it's gonna cost us Killorn. Johnson's pretty much produced exactly in line with his contract from the day it was signed, so that one doesn't feel bad at all. He's a solid, but not great, complementary scorer who plays a responsible game and is soooo often the guy covering for our pinching D (they do this a lot).

Gourde though... I always thought his 60+ season was a bit of a mirage. But he does have the talent to be a regular 40 point guy IMO. This year he hasn't been good, but he also hasn't been getting a whole lot of opportunity.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Gourdes deal probably should never have happened but TJs deal is ok. He will eventually have to go too but it's not a "bad" problem imo. We have been able to replace players well in Syracuse over the years and we have a nice system going. Guys like Cirelli and Cernak step in and have been exceptional. The unfortunate thing about it to me is honestly Killorn and Johnson have had their core roles in some fantastic memories as a Lightning fan. I just hope we win one with this core of players. Eventually some young good players come in and some players who have expiring NTC will most likely be shipped out. The NMC and NTC were are big reasons why we got our players signed for cheaper than some people thought they would. They want to stay here and that's also kind of a thing that is good and bad in their own ways.

Yeah, this would really be the year. The only other players I'd really wish to be on the team for it would be Flip and Boyle.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Killorn has really cooled off since his fast start of 31 in 34 games. Now sitting with 41 in 55 games. So only 10 points in his past 21 games.

still on pace for a career season of close to 60 points.
He’s going to get moved in the off season since his ntc drops to a Mntc and they need cap space to sign other players.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Killorn has really cooled off since his fast start of 31 in 34 games. Now sitting with 41 in 55 games. So only 10 points in his past 21 games.

still on pace for a career season of close to 60 points.
He’s going to get moved in the off season since his ntc drops to a Mntc and they need cap space to sign other players.
The line blender left him on line three and the PP has gone ice cold, so his opportunity for points has dried up.

If he has an opportunity, he can put up some points. But like you said - him "cooling off" is still .5 ppg and good two way play. That type of player has a lot of value.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Gourde's deal sort of hurts, only because it's gonna cost us Killorn. Johnson's pretty much produced exactly in line with his contract from the day it was signed, so that one doesn't feel bad at all. He's a solid, but not great, complementary scorer who plays a responsible game and is soooo often the guy covering for our pinching D (they do this a lot).

Gourde though... I always thought his 60+ season was a bit of a mirage. But he does have the talent to be a regular 40 point guy IMO. This year he hasn't been good, but he also hasn't been getting a whole lot of opportunity.

Can you believe someone had the audacity to propose a Gourde for Domi deal and TBL came in to defend it??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad