Value of: Alex Iafallo to the Leafs at the deadline.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I’m guessing this chap doesn’t watch much hockey outside of his bubble. How would getting rid of a Norris caliber defenseman who also happens to be one of the most productive blueliners and the league’s ice time leader benefit the Kings?
cap space will get us into the finals again, you'll see!

Reactions: deaderhead28

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Damn that one bro got dunked on for the Doughty comments lol

Doughty is having a strong season, I have him in my Norris top 5 like many others right now. It’ll be Hedman in the end, but Doughty is playing some really good hockey right now.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
The Kings aren't looking to trade him at the moment. Blake has stated that he is working on re-signing him. He has also been pretty good about asset management and doesn't have the same weakness of loyalty that Lombardi had. Just have to wait until the deadline to see. Sure, Iafallo isn't really a first-line winger on most teams, but he has proven to be a good top-6 forward and while his value won't be drastically high, the Kings won't let him go for any offer, if it is not worth it then they will just keep him to re-sign.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Iafallos a wonderful complimentary player for Kopitar. His value on the Kings is intrinsically higher on the team than on the open market since he gels very well with Kopitar. He's a real solid player. It will take a massive overpayment for Blake to destroy the chemistry of the first line.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Kings aren't looking to trade him at the moment. Blake has stated that he is working on re-signing him. He has also been pretty good about asset management and doesn't have the same weakness of loyalty that Lombardi had. Just have to wait until the deadline to see. Sure, Iafallo isn't really a first-line winger on most teams, but he has proven to be a good top-6 forward and while his value won't be drastically high, the Kings won't let him go for any offer, if it is not worth it then they will just keep him to re-sign.

That "weakness of loyalty" came after 2 Stanley cups, Blake has no reason to be loyal to this group he hasn't won with them if he ever does I bet he becomes very loyal to that group especially if he wins more than 1 cup.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Iafallos a wonderful complimentary player for Kopitar. His value on the Kings is intrinsically higher on the team than on the open market since he gels very well with Kopitar. He's a real solid player. It will take a massive overpayment for Blake to destroy the chemistry of the first line.

It's definitely interesting how people can come to exact opposite conclusions.
I would rate the chemistry of the 1st line as zero.
It could be that missing creativity in general overshadows the chemistry but i don't really see
where anyone from the 1st line can do those no look passes and finds the intended player.
Most of our game looks like throwing passes into open space with nobody there to receive.
It's really gainful to watch especially with a creative dynamo like Villardi and nobody able to catch up
to turn great playmaking ability into goals.

So i wouldn't mind trading Iafallo and try someone else. Fagemo and Kaliey getting better and better each game.
I also wouldn't mind, trying Grundstrom with Kopitar. We need a replacement for when Brown is gone anyways

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
What would the leafs offer?

I don't think we need a late first but is a deal for Roberston\Sundin available for Iaffallo with pieces added to balance it out.

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
What would the leafs offer?

I don't think we need a late first but is a deal for Roberston\Sundin available for Iaffallo with pieces added to balance it out.

I can't see either of those pieces being on the table for Iafallo. He is having a great season, however, he is on an expiring contract and will more than likely cost in the neighbourhood of 3.5-4 AAV to resign. I'm more interested in using the capspace on Hyman. I would love Iafallo, but the most I would offer is Neimela and a 2nd, or Niemela and Hallinder if picks are not enticing.

But I do get why you would want one of those type of prospects. IMO, LA keeps him and resigns him. He's young enough to be part of the solution there.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wow, I've never seen a poster get ratio'ed so hard on this forum :laugh: hard times for the EK booster club.

Iafallo is likely worth much more to LA than he'd ever fetch in trade. In general he's a pretty run of the mill top-six complement, like Tanner Pearson, but he's got a rare chemistry with Kopitar, and has shown year-over-year improvement ever year in the league despite a team that's been awful. Note Kopitar's got two insane production seasons and Iafallo (and Brown, naturally, but he's Kopi's siamese twin) is a common factor in both of them. His puck-hounding is invaluable.

Reactions: KingTech and Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Wow, I've never seen a poster get ratio'ed so hard on this forum :laugh: hard times for the EK booster club.

Iafallo is likely worth much more to LA than he'd ever fetch in trade. In general he's a pretty run of the mill top-six complement, like Tanner Pearson, but he's got a rare chemistry with Kopitar, and has shown year-over-year improvement ever year in the league despite a team that's been awful. Note Kopitar's got two insane production seasons and Iafallo (and Brown, naturally, but he's Kopi's siamese twin) is a common factor in both of them. His puck-hounding is invaluable.
as is his smile!

9e51f90b3be9e26b2daf39c6e24a0d85.jpg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Sounds like Hyman 2.0 That's a good thing

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sounds like Hyman 2.0 That's a good thing

I had never even thought of that comparison but it's pretty tight even down to the collegiate record. Righty-lefty too but otherwise yeah, a guy that won't fetch a killing in a trade but immensely useful to the home team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad