Value of: Alex Iafallo to the Leafs at the deadline.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I don't get it, he's been one of the greatest defensemen in this generation, his contract is high but its because he's been a great player

His fancy numbers haven’t been his normal during the rebuild, but before this season our defense had been Drew and a bunch of kids with no experience or journey men who are 6/7 types. But now the defense is taking shape he looks fantastic again. It’s all the non watchers that seem to think he is bad. I will be happy to keep him in LA throughout his contract.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
LA needs to get out of that Doughty contract before they can ‘be in the picture’ again

Yawn. Find a new slant. Doughty is a Norris contender this season.

Anyway, Iafallo will cost a first round pick or a good prospect. LA is not inclined to move their young first line winger, so it would really need to be an exciting offer.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
If we could get a nice d prospect for him and if they were comfortable promoting say Fagemo (who’s currently injured) or Turcotte, I’d do it.

Reactions: LAKings88

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yawn. Find a new slant. Doughty is a Norris contender this season.

Anyway, Iafallo will cost a first round pick or a good prospect. LA is not inclined to move their young first line winger, so it would really need to be an exciting offer.

If Taylor Hall doesn't get a 1st, I don't see any rental getting a 1st

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
If Taylor Hall doesn't get a 1st, I don't see any rental getting a 1st

Hall has 2 goals in 31 games and is making 8M this season. Who would give away a 1st rounder for that? Iafallo has 8 goals also in 31 games, plus a cap hit of 2.5m making a trade easier for cap stressed teams. If Iafallo is dealt before the deadline, me thinks he gets a 1st or a top prospect.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
The Leafs have plenty of D prospects

Not interested in Liljegren. Maybe Niemela/Sandin and a 2nd, but both these players are just 5'11 and 180ish, just too small. Plus the Kings do have good D prospects (Grans, Faber, even Kale Clague). Amirov would be more likely from the Kings point of view, with maybe a 3rd rounder going the other way.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Not interested in Liljegren. Maybe Niemela/Sandin and a 2nd, but both these players are just 5'11 and 180ish, just too small. Plus the Kings do have good D prospects (Grans, Faber, even Kale Clague). Amirov would be more likely from the Kings point of view, with maybe a 3rd rounder going the other way.
Iafallo doesnt get Amirov (let alone Sandin lmao) as a rental. if he had term it could maybe be discussed.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
LA needs to get out of that Doughty contract before they can ‘be in the picture’ again

I’m guessing this chap doesn’t watch much hockey outside of his bubble. How would getting rid of a Norris caliber defenseman who also happens to be one of the most productive blueliners and the league’s ice time leader benefit the Kings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad