Jul 3, 2002
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=877883&navid=DL|MTL|home

usa-today-9143834.0.jpg

Congrats!

Commit to Chucky!

#FireTherrien #FireBergevin

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Galchenyuk finished ahead of teammates Max Pacioretty, Mike Condon, Tomas Plekanec, and David Desharnais.

Wtf.. lol

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...so happy for Chucky; pity he wasn't used properly for most of the year by our genius behind the bench, else our chances at the playoffs may be better than at a Top pick...good sign of things to come for Chucky...:handclap:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk finished ahead of teammates Max Pacioretty, Mike Condon, Tomas Plekanec, and David Desharnais.

Wtf.. lol

And exactly what is wrong with this org.

Subban was leading this team in points before his injury and yet Desharnais is ahead of him for Molson cup consideration?

You can't make this **** up.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Congrats to Galchenyuk, but Subban has been, by far, the team's best player this season.

And yet, apparently still below Desharnais.

Mind boggling.

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Congrats to Galchenyuk, but Subban has been, by far, the team's best player this season.

And yet, apparently still below Desharnais.

Mind boggling.

Therrien hasn't completed Better Person 101 with him yet, thus he isn't eligible for any awards.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
And exactly what is wrong with this org.

Subban was leading this team in points before his injury and yet Desharnais is ahead of him for Molson cup consideration?

You can't make this **** up.

It's the Molson Cup, there is no consideration, you're not elected or nominated to win it.

It's a point system using the 3 stars (1st = 3pts, 2nd = 2pts, 3rd = 1pts. IIRC) whoever have the most points win.

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It's the Molson Cup, there is no consideration, you're not elected or nominated to win it.

It's a point system using the 3 stars (1st = 3pts, 2nd = 2pts, 3rd = 1pts. IIRC) whoever have the most points win.

And who chooses the three stars? Probably the French media. Same people hanging from DD's jock and trying to shame Subban.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

That still means DD was chosen as a top 3 player for both teams more times than Subban this season. I seriously doubt any anglo journalist in the world would agree with that. It just shows another level of French-favoritism in the media. But yeah, I get that's a discussion for every other thread on this forum.

Congrats to Chucky!! If it had to be someone I'm glad it was him :yo:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
And who chooses the three stars? Probably the French media. Same people hanging from DD's jock and trying to shame Subban.

You seem to forget that GWG scorer gets de facto the first star, unless it's a GWG that's not very significant (e.g., the 2nd goal in a 5-1 win).

You also apparently forgot that DD had about 5 GWG in November or something like that. I don't know how many GWG he got this season, but he seemingly got ALL of them in November. At the Bell Center.

Let's say 5 GWG. It might be 4 or 6, it doesn't matter.

I suppose they work with a 3-2-1 scale.

With 5 GWG, that would presumably give him 15 points if that is indeed how it works.

That is... quite a lot when one things about it. And I'm pretty sure DD got some stars here and there during the season as well.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

That still means DD was chosen as a top 3 player for both teams more times than Subban this season. I seriously doubt any anglo journalist in the world would agree with that. It just shows another level of French-favoritism in the media. But yeah, I get that's a discussion for every other thread on this forum.

Congrats to Chucky!! If it had to be someone I'm glad it was him :yo:

All the player named; Pacioretty, Plek, Condon and DD won 1 segment for the Molson cup. DD won during his PPG streak. Subban didn't win any and Galchenyuk won the last 2, so he is the winner for the year.

The Molson cup was always a flawed award and that's not DD's fault (or MT/MB for once.)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Wtf.. lol

That's incredible that Subban is not in the top 5. How could a dman with 51 points in 68 games and +4 playing for an awful team not be in the top 5?

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
All the player named; Pacioretty, Plek, Condon and DD won 1 segment for the Molson cup. DD won during his PPG streak. Subban didn't win any and Galchenyuk won the last 2, so he is the winner for the year.

The Molson cup was always a flawed award and that's not DD's fault (or MT/MB for once.)

That I will agree with.

The whole 3 star system is a joke. Desharnais has a game where he doesn't fall over, gets a secondary Assist and RDS gives him third star.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
You seem to forget that GWG scorer gets de facto the first star, unless it's a GWG that's not very significant (e.g., the 2nd goal in a 5-1 win).

You also apparently forgot that DD had about 5 GWG in November or something like that. I don't know how many GWG he got this season, but he seemingly got ALL of them in November. At the Bell Center.

Let's say 5 GWG. It might be 4 or 6, it doesn't matter.

I suppose they work with a 3-2-1 scale.

With 5 GWG, that would presumably give him 15 points if that is indeed how it works.

That is... quite a lot when one things about it. And I'm pretty sure DD got some stars here and there during the season as well.

DD has 4 GWG for the entire season.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Subban had a ppg streak in december and january too. He had 18 points in 17 games i think something like that.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

you're right it's all the evil French medias fault

did you ever think it's because dd is a forward and had a very good start to the year when we were more likely to have first or second stars? doesn't this count road games too? stop with the ignorant conspiracy trash please

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
That I will agree with.

The whole 3 star system is a joke. Desharnais has a game where he doesn't fall over, gets a secondary Assist and RDS gives him third star.

He had a pretty great start to the season. I know its hard for many to admit but DD had a massive positive impact for the team while he was on the 3rd with Weiss and flash. Too bad the coach just couldn't see that he had found a niche for DD.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Subban had a ppg streak in december and january too. He had 18 points in 17 games i think something like that.

Pacioretty won December.

January was merged with February as 1 segment (Condon won).

But like I said the system is heavily flawed and biased against defenseman. Price won 6 times in the last 7 seasons (Halak won in 2009-10) and the last Dman to win it was Robinson in 1981.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad