Alex Galchenyuk III

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
If Galchenyuk doesn't start next season as the first line center I'm mad.

What would be the reasoning behind putting him there, though?

If he plays with Pacioretty, we've concentrated all our offense on one line.

He hasn't played Center for 3 NHL seasons now.

He's looked acceptable on the 2nd line wing.

Where does DD go?

They'll legitimately be a huge outcry if Galchenyuk is moved to the #1 slot next season.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Where does DD go?

They'll legitimately be a huge outcry if Galchenyuk is moved to the #1 slot next season.

wat.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal

I actually don't care about it that much anymore. Anywhere he'll be slotted in he'll produce.

He'll have one more summer of work, on focusing on physical attributes (More explosive skating, a bit more bulk, a little heavier shot).

Bare minimum on pace for .75 points per game wherever his place.

2016-2017 watch out... plus the fact that's likely the year Mac+Scherbak+DLR+Hudon will be able to contribute on the team.

Pacioretty Gallagher Plekanec Galchenyuk and maybe DSP. Good top 9 I'd say. 3 players under 6'1" (Plecky Gally Hudon).

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As long as he doesn't get in the way of DD being our number one center I'm good with him being on the team. Need to make sure Davey gets his points.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

If DLR can prove that he's a viable option for 3rd line C and if Eller can make the transition to LW, I don't doubt that MB will move DD this summer as to force Therrien to use him as our first line centre. If Eller on the wing doesn't work out, then MB will need to go out and find a LW option this offseason to fill the void left by Galchenyuk.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Pacioretty-Plekanec-XXX
XXX- Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Wouldn't that be nice. Or flip the two centers. As is DD/Pleks/DLR/MM is probably about the weakest center depth this team could ice on a nightly basis, but here we are.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
If DLR can prove that he's a viable option for 3rd line C and if Eller can make the transition to LW, I don't doubt that MB will move DD this summer as to force Therrien to use him as our first line centre. If Eller on the wing doesn't work out, then MB will need to go out and find a LW option this offseason to fill the void left by Galchenyuk.

MT's Center depth chart if DD is traded off-season:
-Plekanec
-De La Rose
-Eller
-Dumont

No place for Chucky at center. He'll stay at wing :sarcasm:

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Well, those are all the arguments I've heard levied against moving Galchenyuk to Center this season, and I don't see how any of them change next season, so... :(

I'm convinced Desharnais is seen as our franchise Center.

I think you are misunderstanding what is being said. I can't speak for others, but appreciating the contribution of Galchenyuk at wing and thinking he shouldn't play center over DD are two different things.

I'll be in extasy the day DD is out of this team and replaced by Galchenyuk at center, but meanwhile, I like the fact that he's able to perform well at wing. He's such a versatile player that he could probably even play defense and still look better than half our D-corps.

Accepting the fact that Galchenyuk isn't our 1st center NOW isn't the same as saying he should never be it.

PS: can we seriously stop bringing DD up in every ****ing thread that is ever so slightly remotedly related to him. There's a thread to contain the DD rage, and I'm starting to get annoyed to see his name pop up in every thread. It's hard enough to endure him on the team, can we at least be freed from him in a thread that's supposed to focus on Galchenyuk.

Thank you all.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
I think you are misunderstanding what is being said. I can't speak for others, but appreciating the contribution of Galchenyuk at wing and thinking he shouldn't play center over DD are two different things.

I'll be in extasy the day DD is out of this team and replaced by Galchenyuk at center, but meanwhile, I like the fact that he's able to perform well at wing. He's such a versatile player that he could probably even play defense and still look better than half our D-corps.

Accepting the fact that Galchenyuk isn't our 1st center NOW isn't the same as saying he should never be it.

PS: can we seriously stop bringing DD up in every ****ing thread that is ever so slightly remotedly related to him. There's a thread to contain the DD rage, and I'm starting to get annoyed to see his name pop up in every thread. It's hard enough to endure him on the team, can we at least be freed from him in a thread that's supposed to focus on Galchenyuk.

Thank you all.

What's holding back Galchenyuk from being our #1C now?

What criteria need to be met to get him there?

Thank you all.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Nothing.

Get rid of other centers in his way. Ideally find a replacement at LW.

You're welcome.

I've come to peace (or resigned actively thinkin about it) with Galchenyuk being at Wing for the time being. I'll never blame others for not doing the same.

Therrien will not move DD from 1C this year. MB will not trade him before Monday (he's right in doing so).
We'll see how far we go, and how these two pieces do individually in the real season.
I trust MB to assess the needs during the summer.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I've come to peace (or resigned actively thinkin about it) with Galchenyuk being at Wing for the time being. I'll never blame others for not doing the same.

Therrien will not move DD from 1C this year. MB will not trade him before Monday (he's right in doing so).
We'll see how far we go, and how these two pieces do individually in the real season.
I trust MB to assess the needs during the summer.

Pretty much the same here. I might get pissed depending on what Bergevin does this summer, but for now, I don't see the point in getting mad at the current situation. I prefer to enjoy how well Galchenyuk is playing at wing.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
As long as he doesn't get in the way of DD being our number one center I'm good with him being on the team. Need to make sure Davey gets his points.

Bah humbug. I care for the TEAM and not about the point totals of any one player. Once we have enough firepower (for example, more than Chicago) to unite 67 and 27, then so be it, otherwise, we should have one on each of the top two lines at 5-on-5.

Once you have each of our top offensive guys anchoring a line, you need to slot in our final top-3 forward, who is Plekanec. I think I would rather play 14 with 27 knowing that 67 can still score goals on our second line, than put 14 and 67 together and leave Galchenyuk either searching for a winger we don't have or playing with DD, when both of them want to carry the puck and make the plays.

So, until McCarron and Scherbak are ready, my first line is
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher

My second line has Pacioretty on left wing, and a competition for center between Desharnais, Eller, De La Rose and Hudon. The right wing will be a digger, could be Weise or DSP (again assuming McCarron is not ready). Patches is so good, this line will still score as long as he has the best of the rest on his line.

On the power play, put Galchenyuk with Pacioretty and whoever else is our best forward, along with Subban and Markov (and maybe Beaulieu at times when ready) and play them for around 1min20. Let there be competition for the spots in the final 40 seconds.

If Pacioretty still needs a couple more minutes, he can be double shifted once per period or so with either Eller or DeLaRose or DD or Hudon, whoever does not center the second line. At the end of the day, Pacioretty, Plekanec and Galchenyuk should each get 18-20 minutes. Gallagher is freshest playing 15-16. The rest is all competition.

Last edited:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
He need to shoot more. 128 shots vs 181 for Gallagher.
He's tremendously inconsistent and prone to disappearing acts.

Haven't been impressed with him this season - I don't care if he gets 50 points this season, he should be getting more than that and implicating himself much more. What good is all that hype and potential if he's going to play like Kovalev with half the effectiveness?

People want to blame Therrien, and I would too, but some of the fault and blame falls on him: he's getting PP time and offensive linemates, he's not producing as a winger - no way will Therrien trust him to produce as a C AND play defensively sound hockey.

He hasn't been able to dislodge a smurf who can't shoot as C. Says it all.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton

Where does DD go?

DD can go to Siberia, Galchenyuk has excellent vision and should be put in his natural position where he can use his vision more then he would at wing.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
He's tremendously inconsistent and prone to disappearing acts.

Haven't been impressed with him this season - I don't care if he gets 50 points this season, he should be getting more than that and implicating himself much more. What good is all that hype and potential if he's going to play like Kovalev with half the effectiveness?

People want to blame Therrien, and I would too, but some of the fault and blame falls on him: he's getting PP time and offensive linemates, he's not producing as a winger - no way will Therrien trust him to produce as a C AND play defensively sound hockey.

He hasn't been able to dislodge a smurf who can't shoot as C. Says it all.

therrien wont dislodge the smurf.

Every thing else you say shows lack of understanding of development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad