Speculation: Alex Edler trade rumors/speculation discussion

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
If Edler hits the market I would think Flyers would be after him...? Something like Edler for B Schenn and a 2015 1st would be alright, if we move Kesler to the Pens in a deal around Pouliot.

:laugh:

come on, B Schenn alone is pushing it.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
jurco sproul and a pick for edler. Not sold on tatar being a top 6, like jurcos potential better and has more size.

Sproul is an offensive d prospect we could use.

dont think we make any moves, kinda hope this GM isnt in control of something that big to be honest. but i really feel like Philly is the best spot for Kesler. He can face Crosby in the playoffs, couts did well against malkin.

They have alot of depth at C with Laughton and cousins coming up and i think B.schenn could be had. not gonna get him and simmonds unfortunately.

this is overpayment by us to you?

kesler
edler

b.schenn
simmonds
conditional pick if they make playoffs this year

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
jurco sproul and a pick for edler. Not sold on tatar being a top 6, like jurcos potential better and has more size.

Sproul is an offensive d prospect we could use.

dont think we make any moves, kinda hope this GM isnt in control of something that big to be honest. but i really feel like Philly is the best spot for Kesler. He can face Crosby in the playoffs, couts did well against malkin.

They have alot of depth at C with Laughton and cousins coming up and i think B.schenn could be had. not gonna get him and simmonds unfortunately.

this is overpayment by us to you?

kesler
edler

b.schenn
simmonds
conditional pick if they make playoffs this year

id take that deal and sign it off.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Ray Ferraro seems to have inside knowledge of some Canuck involvement here.

On 1040 right now hinting that deal that fell thru at the draft is being talked about again.

Edler

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Yes the wings. He mentioned Sheehan.

Also says there are " lots " of players involved with canucks in trade talks right now

So there should be. I am not an advocate for tanking or giving away players but this team has needed a change for over a calender year. It is time for change in Vancouver. This is one of the first trade deadlines in a while where I actually think the Canucks could be very active.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Yes the wings. He mentioned Sheehan.

Also says there are " lots " of players involved with canucks in trade talks right now

Detroit does have a lot of skilled young forwards, and the Canucks very few. There should be a deal to be made there.

Not surprised a lot of Canuck names are being floated, even though every player on the roster making over $1.5mil has a NTC, save David Booth. Never for one minute thought Gillis wouldn't find a way to unload some of these NTC's. Don't care what he has to say on the matter publicly, he will try to do what's best for the organization.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Teams you could possibly move Edler to, ie. wave NTC and perhaps some interest:
Detroit
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
Pittsburgh
Philly
Washington?
Tampa Bay?

Fantasy hopes:
Columbus
New Jersey
NYI
Florida

I think most of these teams have good enough assets to get an Edler deal done. It will be interesting to see if he waves.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
what if gillis has a deal in place for edler but he doesnt like the place that hes getting sent to.. plan backfires. edler could still always be dealt at the draft or in the offseason

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Any deal that involves Nyquist can just be nixed now - he's basically untouchable, and that's rather unfortunate. Would've been a good return.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Sheahan and Jurco would make for a couple very good targets IMO. 22 and 21 years old respectively - a big centre and big right winger. This type of return makes sense because these guys could be 2 years away from being a big part of the team. Better going this route than trying to build through the draft where you're waiting 5 years...

To Det- Edler
To Van- Sheahan, Jurco

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Sheahan and Jurco would make for a couple very good targets IMO. 22 and 21 years old respectively - a big centre and big right winger. This type of return makes sense because these guys could be 2 years away from being a big part of the team. Better going this route than trying to build through the draft where you're waiting 5 years...

To Det- Edler
To Van- Sheahan, Jurco
If detroit was willing to add a 2015 2nd they have a deal, in my books- barring a better offer by 11:58am Wednesday morning/

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

To Det- Edler
To Van- Sheahan, Jurco

I don't really feel that Aqua would buy in to a rebuild that's 2-3 years away, and that's if everything goes best case. I'd rather Edler doesn't get dealt, but if he does imo the deal has to return an asset that steps in and helps the team immediately, or at least next year. Something like Schenn from Philly type deal. If we're going to move a defenceman of Edler's calibre just as he's entering his prime, we need to get an established NHLer with offensive upside in return.

Even with the rumours swirling, I don't believe Gillis is looking to set the team so far back that we're looking at 2-3+ years before we're a playoff team again. I'm expecting he's looking to add some youth and skill and have the Twins bounce back next year and have the team back in the postseason. I could see the main piece or two of a Kesler deal being a couple of years away (with a helpful NHL that's a downgrade on RK), but not Edler. Idea there is to deal from strength (top 4 dman) to fix a weakness (top 6 forwards), not to accumulate risk and potential, imo.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Wings didn't want to deal the first which might be why Gillis wanted the extra piece.

With how things are unfolding in Detroit due to their decline - I'd be willing to take a Nyquist and 2015 1st for Edler.

Not sure if their fans and management share the same sentiment given how Nyquist has developed this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad