Speculation: Alex Edler trade rumors/speculation discussion

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
"Stars GM Jim Nill does not appear interested in going after a rental player and has set his sights at least two players available on the trade block.

According to two separate league sources, the Stars are interested in Buffalo Sabres blueliner Christian Ehrhoff and Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alexander Edler.
Both Ehrhoff and Edler have no-trade clauses and would have to sign off on any deal their teams try to complete.

Ehrhoff has already submitted a list of eight teams he would not accept a move to.

One league source told TFP the Stars might not be in the running for Edler, despite their interest, as the Canucks' asking price may be too high for their liking."

Edler for Chiasson/Eakin + Ritchie + 1st?

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Sorry bud theres no way in hell the Canucks trade to Dallas. Even if they sell they still plan on making the playoffs, or trying to.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Sorry bud theres no way in hell the Canucks trade to Dallas. Even if they sell they still plan on making the playoffs, or trying to.

That doesnt make any sense if they're dealing Kesler lol.

If they deal Edler, theyll get a roster player back like Eakin or Chiasson imo.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Shame it wasn't last year when Dallas had 10th overall.

they'll prob still have a top 20 pick this year imo.

Also Chiasson's been struggling, so this maybe the time to grab him. Chiasson, 1st(Top 20), Ritchie(Putting up good numbers in AHL).

Ritchie and Chiasson both would make the team next year and imagine if we got Ritchie's bro in the draft aswel.. Chiasson, Ritchie, Kassian, Bennett(if we trade Kes). All very big bodies, all over 6'2"

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Shame it wasn't last year when Dallas had 10th overall.

Is exactly what should have happened, and likely would have been a popular proposal around here had we known what was gonna happen to Schnieder. I'd bet Dallas would have jumped all over that offer, probably could have gotten more too. Edler had 1 less crap year to his resume, and we could have muscled down the worth of that pick by taking Nichuskin, or at least threatening to do so, off the board at 9.

Imagine a Horvat, Nuke and Shinkaruk pull in the 1st round alone. Things wouldn't look so grim, and we wouldn't have to banter in a Nuke vs Bo thread.

Could have probably done the same thing with Philly and the 11th. Don't see us getting as ideal of a return now, everyone of interest is just too damn good for their teams to move.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Only way I trade Edler is if we get a proven top 6 center edler's age or younger back in return, plus a pick or top prospect. From Dallas thatd have to be Benn, Edler + for Benn + or I don't even consider it.

I'm fine with taking calls on Edler but my socks would have to be not just blown off, but blown out the window and across the street. No way I trade Edler for "potential", there has to be a proven commodity, especially if Kesler is on his way put (which he probably is).

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Only way I trade Edler is if we get a proven top 6 center edler's age or younger back in return, plus a pick or top prospect. From Dallas thatd have to be Benn, Edler + for Benn + or I don't even consider it.

I'm fine with taking calls on Edler but my socks would have to be not just blown off, but blown out the window and across the street. No way I trade Edler for "potential", there has to be a proven commodity, especially if Kesler is on his way put (which he probably is).

Too bad the NHL doesn't allow cash to be traded. Otherwise Edler and $50m for Benn.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008

Ummm...I'm pretty sure that if the canucks deal Kesler and Edler as rumoured that they are not attempting first and foremost to make the playoffs.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
they'll prob still have a top 20 pick this year imo.

Also Chiasson's been struggling, so this maybe the time to grab him. Chiasson, 1st(Top 20), Ritchie(Putting up good numbers in AHL).

Ritchie and Chiasson both would make the team next year and imagine if we got Ritchie's bro in the draft aswel.. Chiasson, Ritchie, Kassian, Bennett(if we trade Kes). All very big bodies, all over 6'2"

chiassons 'struggling' because he was never that good to begin wtih

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver

you're probably right but it shouldn't be that way. this team isn't going to make the playoffs and gaglardi shouldn't be a reason why the 2 teams don't deal with each other

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad