Tribute Alex Edler Appreciation Thread

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Career wise, the best defensemen the Vancouver Canucks have ever had. I remember watching him in Kelowna absolutely dominate. The term "man among boys" gets tossed around quite a bit, but it was really appropriate in his case. Watching him then, I knew we were going to have a great player.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
So his agent said he was offered a respectable contract and he turned it down to play for…the Kings? I thought he wanted to play for a contender…

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
What I love about Edler, and I’m sure many opposing teams hate, if a player takes run at him and Edler feels really annoyed, out of the blue there would be a silent big hit that takes out or injures the player, Edler would be skating around pretending it didn’t happen.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I criticize him a lot on his play. But seems like a great teammate and a good person.

Some positive things I notice about him:

1. A lot fans will remember Burrows and the Sedins. But Edler always had good chemistry with the twins. Really good at knowing when and how to the feed the puck down low to Henrik.
2. He's not someone who will fight, but when he does see a teammate get cheapshot, he'll take their number and throw a big hit later in the game.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Very disappointed to see him go, but why the Kings? I hope he can win at least one cup before he retires.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
And with that, the last player from the 2011 dream team is gone. Funny enough, it doesn't feel like it's been that long yet ten years.

Gonna miss Edler in an odd sort of way. He wasn't a favourite of mine but just sort of that reliable guy. All the best to him.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
Thanks for the memories, Edler! One of the best Canucks D of all time, complete embarrassment that you had to walk away from this clown show instead of finishing your career in blue and green.

Along with the hit on Doughty, I submit this as one of Elder’s finest moments:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Best of luck to Edler, just not when he’s playing the Canucks. ;)

Just a terrific player who gave his all for this market. Definitely nostalgic to see the last piece of the 2011 team depart.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I stuck up for him a lot the last handful of years. A lot of unnecessary hate/criticism at him towards the end.

Loved Eagle and will really miss him.

Reactions: vanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad