Player Discussion: Alex Barré-Boulet

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hype train is at the station.

What is this kid’s ceiling? He’s putting up some impressive numbers in Syracuse.

boltprospects recently listed him as a guy in line for a cup of coffee, which surprised me.

He's definitely starting to look like our latest diamond in the rough.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hype train is at the station.

What is this kid’s ceiling? He’s putting up some impressive numbers in Syracuse.

It's really hard to say. He has 20 goal NHL talent given his shot and IQ (i.e right place right time) but this guy is like a buck 70 soaking wet. I have no question he would succeed at the NHL level as a 6'0 player. It is a matter of if he will withstand the punishment he will take and develop enough physical strength.

I say give him another year to fill out. He will be a good one as long as he can adapt and we don't rush him

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Well after we find new homes for Callahan and Miller to bring in Karlsson it will open up a spot at #13 forward.

Are we trading Point? Or flipping McDonagh and Gourde before their new deals kick in? Because if not you can forget about bringing Karlsson in.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
My post was meant to be mostly sarcastic with a pinch of pipe dream.

Haha fair enough. I’ve seen enough people seriously thinking that we can somehow afford to sign Karlsson that my sarcasm meter is in need of recalibration.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
He is getting better every game I watch. Especially at 5v5 he is way more noticeable than in the past. We should call him up and give him some games so he knows what to expect at the nhl level.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What’s his ceiling production-wise? I mean Paquette got 20 goals as a rookie in the A too. Paq/Cirelli? More?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What’s his ceiling production-wise? I mean Paquette got 20 goals as a rookie in the A too. Paq/Cirelli? More?
Well yeah but Paquette did it in 70 games, ABB scored 20 in 39. He's also pretty much a ppg player while Paquette had 44 points in those 70 games.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Is this at the NHL level? Right now I would say he is level with Conacher with potential to be better at the NHL level as long as we give him another year to bulk up and don't hurry him. Keep him in Syracuse with first call up privileges next year and there is a chance he will earn himself a spot.

The kid is smart. He has the brain and skill for the NHL level. He just needs to not get killed first

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
He seems good on paper. I was pretty stoked when we signed him.
giphy.gif

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

I expect him to be in the Gourde, Johnson, Palat and Miller level when he gets used to the nhl. Ceiling probably like 70 points. Obviously there is still a chance he only becomes a third line forward as well but it's difficult for me to see him becoming a bust with the way he has been playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad