Ales Hemsky a fit in Montreal?

TeamTHG

Feb 5, 2014
If you're not sold on Evander Kane fitting in with the Canadiens, maybe Ales Hemsky is worth a look:

Hemsky-Quinn-Rooney-Getty-Images.jpg

While GMs feverishly interview pending Unrestricted Free Agents mere days before the draft, there’s one UFA in particular that Montreal Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin should be paying close attention to.

Ales Hemsky.

What’s so special about the injury prone winger? Glad you asked.

Here are the 8 reasons why Ales Hemsky would be a great fit with the Montreal Canadiens.

Speed, Speed, Speed, Speed, and Speed. Hemsky is an absolute force that breaks through the offensive zone, creates a play, or splits the D who later wonder where they might have misplaced their jock strap.

READ More

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If you're not sold on Evander Kane fitting in with the Canadiens, maybe Ales Hemsky is worth a look:

READ More

I'd take him, at the right term. We need to find someone who has chemistry with Pleks. He might be the guy. I will say though I don't think he moves the puck quickly enough on the PP, so I'd keep him off the PP.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I would have no problem signing him. As for term and money any time you jump into the UFA market your going to pay.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Is only take him because I don't want plek to play with scrubs anymore. He's fragile as hell too so he'd fit well here I guess ;)

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Holy crap. Ales Hemsky hasn't played a playoff game in nearly a decade. Like I knew the Oilers were bad but, when you see that stat put in front of you, its pretty shocking. Haven't even made the playoffs since they were in the Finals.

Hemsky I'd be okay with if the contract made sense.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Is only take him because I don't want plek to play with scrubs anymore. He's fragile as hell too so he'd fit well here I guess ;)

He'll only play with Pleks if he has no chemistry with DD, lol.

I wouldn't mind a Gally/Pleks/Gally line, tbh as a second line.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Holy crap. Ales Hemsky hasn't played a playoff game in nearly a decade. Like I knew the Oilers were bad but, when you see that stat put in front of you, its pretty shocking. Haven't even made the playoffs since they were in the Finals.

Hemsky I'd be okay with if the contract made sense.

Not sure but I heard he said he didn't want to play in canada.

Otherwise, he might be a good consolation prize if we can't get anyone else.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I think I would give Michalek a shot before Hemsky. I would be fine with either though if we can't land a bigger fish (which there are few of as always) and the term was right.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
No habs don't need another soft winger, Id rather sign Jarome Iginla, Matt Moulson, Radim Vrbata or even Tomas Vanek before Hemsky.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

READ More

I know some will moan and complain, but at the right price I think he could be a good fit. He would help the PP on the sideboards and give us a 2nd offensive line.

Would be more my plan C or D than A or B but 2-3 years at sub 4 mil...yeah it works.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No habs don't need another soft winger, Id rather sign Jarome Iginla, Matt Moulson, Radim Vrbata or even Tomas Vanek before Hemsky.

He's no softer than Vanek Vrbata or Moulson.

I would prefer Iginla or Vrabta but Hemsky isn't a bad plan C, D or E.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
I see a fit, not sure how popular a signing it would be though.

Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Galchenyuk Plekanec Hemsky
Bourque Eller Gionta/Bournival
Moen/Prust Briere Weise
White

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'd prefer Vrbata. We need guys that are willing to shoot. Unfortunately a line with Plex, Chuck and Hemsky would just hold on to the puck. Plex likes to shoot at times, but I don't think a centre should be the triggerman on a line.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'd prefer Vrbata. We need guys that are willing to shoot. Unfortunately a line with Plex, Chuck and Hemsky would just hold on to the puck. Plex likes to shoot at times, but I don't think a centre should be the triggerman on a line.

Agreed, but it kinda works itself out. I'd like to see that line.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I get the feeling he would fit very well with Pleks. His style complements Pleks much better than the way Gionta or Vanek play. But he is soft and I don't see it happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad