Aleksander 'Sasha' Barkov - Part II

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Don't tell /u/ImNotExposed
He just made a poll stating Barkov regresses this season :huh:

Not with his work ethic! My bet is on 100pts minimum.

With having a more stable defense we should have more 5 on 5 play this season. Us staying out of the box more means more of Barkov’s icetime in offensive zone rather then on Penalty kills. All that will equal more pts imo. I actually can see him getting over that 100 mark comfortably but want to be a little conservative so 100 minimum.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Don't tell /u/ImNotExposed
He just made a poll stating Barkov regresses this season :huh:

Incorrect.

I asked if he would reach or surpass his point total from last season.

I stated he falls short, but he goes back to his Selke level play from the 2017/18 season under coach Q.

Thus being a better overall player, even if his point total is slightly less.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

With having a more stable defense we should have more 5 on 5 play this season. Us staying out of the box more means more of Barkov’s icetime in offensive zone rather then on Penalty kills. All that will equal more pts imo. I actually can see him getting over that 100 mark comfortably but want to be a little conservative so 100 minimum.

You want to make an avatar bet? :)

I mean, you guys are not even factoring in a potential injury. Last season was his first full 82 game season.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

I'll take the under. There was a significant increase in scoring league widelast season, I'm not sure it will as high this year.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
You want to make an avatar bet? :)

I mean, you guys are not even factoring in a potential injury. Last season was his first full 82 game season.
Obviously if he's injured it changes things. We are presuming he plays 82 games...just like you did when you made your poll. And yes you said he would regress in his point totals which is what the conversation here is about.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Obviously if he's injured it changes things. We are presuming he plays 82 games...just like you did when you made your poll. And yes you said he would regress in his point totals which is what the conversation here is about.

The poll on the main board was asking if he would hit the point total from last season or not. The discussion here now is his overall play. I believe his point total won't be as high, but his overall play will be better. Understand?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Sounds like you are scared to make an avatar bet with me. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? I tell you what, if he hits or goes over 96 points, you win, and I change my avatar. If it is under 96 points, then you change your avatar. You seem pretty adamant he hits 100 points, so this should be an easy bet for you to make. And if he gets injured, and is under 96 points, you still lose.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'll take the under. There was a significant increase in scoring league widelast season, I'm not sure it will as high this year.

Also factor in his high shooting percentage last season, it is perfectly reasonable to expect his scoring not to be as high. I mean, if he scores 120 points, I will be ecstatic and gladly change my avatar. But the smart money is on him not hitting 96 points this coming season.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Sounds like you are scared to make an avatar bet with me. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? I tell you what, if he hits or goes over 96 points, you win, and I change my avatar. If it is under 96 points, then you change your avatar. You seem pretty adamant he hits 100 points, so this should be an easy bet for you to make. And if he gets injured, and is under 96 points, you still lose.
Nope. If he gets injured the bet is off. If you can't accept that then oh well, too bad.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
You could pro rate it for his pace x 82games. But lets stop talking about that happening please!

You could, but that would be flawed. He scores 2 points in his first game, and then gets injured and misses the rest of the season. His pro rate would be 164 points!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I like this but at the same time the cat’s out of the bag now. Everyone knows Barky is the real deal.

I said it very boldly when he came into the league that I’ve never seen someone like him. He’s like Cristiano Ronaldo (without the whining).

Barkov will be deemed the best player in the NHL the season after this one or the one after that (assuming he stays mostly injury free). That’s my bold prediction. Move over McDavid. (I know I’ll be ridiculed for this but I’m sticking with it.)

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I like this but at the same time the cat’s out of the bag now. Everyone knows Barky is the real deal.

I said it very boldly when he came into the league that I’ve never seen someone like him. He’s like Cristiano Ronaldo (without the whining).

Barkov will be deemed the best player in the NHL the season after this one or the one after that (assuming he stays mostly injury free). That’s my bold prediction. Move over McDavid. (I know I’ll be ridiculed for this but I’m sticking with it.)
Yes. I like you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyBarkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad