Prospect Info: Aleksander Kisakov, F (53rd overall, 2021) - SIGNED to 3 year ELC

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So of the Russians, did he have the best season? I feel like he was the most consistent. It was hard to keep track
It depends on how do you quantify success but he didn't add much weight, didn't improve on his numbers and wasn't even in the discussion for the final WJC team so... It's as long-term of a project as they come.

Regarding where he plays, I assume he got out of Russia because he doesn't want to play in the VHL. Some guys here threw out NLB/Allsvenskan/etc. If he was interested in/had offers to play there he wouldn't have tied him to a 3 year ELC to begin with so he is most likely committed pretty hard to the ECHL/AHL route.

Reactions: JLewyB

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
To @Chainshot’s point

Krebs -—> 6’ 185lbs
Kisakov -> 5’10” 150lbs

Kisakov may have put on weight since he was drafted but I doubt its anywhere near 35lbs.
Beat me to it. Krebs was apparently doing some pretty serious workouts last offseason.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
To @Chainshot’s point

Krebs -—> 6’ 185lbs
Kisakov -> 5’10” 150lbs

Kisakov may have put on weight since he was drafted but I doubt its anywhere near 35lbs.

Dynamo's own website lists him at 68 kg... 149 lbs. He's very small. The AHL is still a men's league known for physically punishing play. It seems odd that they would want to push him into that environment which. We'll see I suppose.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Dynamo's own website lists him at 68 kg... 149 lbs. He's very small. The AHL is still a men's league known for physically punishing play. It seems odd that they would want to push him into that environment which. We'll see I suppose.
/facepalm A small Russian booo..

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if the CHL or the USHL might be options if he wants to come over?

Mentioned earlier - no one holds his CHL rights and I haven't found that anyone holds his USHL rights. I could see them lending him to another pro league than the AHL, but they can't mess this one up.

Reactions: Jim Bob

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
He's a talented, feisty cuss. But he's got some mass to add before he goes into the ranks in the AHL.
I'm not so sure. I think he could use more mass clearly, but there are some pretty small players in the AHL in terms of frames.

Oliver-Joseph 6-2 161lbs, Heponiemi 5-9 155lbs, Anas 5-8 157lbs, Galvas 5-11 161lbs

Those are just a few from the several teams I looked at. If they can get him over here and get him working with the strength and conditioning coaches, maybe they can get a few pounds on him before the season.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
This is great news for us. The key is to make sure whoever he is living with, and all the off ice stuff is in place to ease him off the ice.

He’s certainly far better playing good minutes in Rochester for a year or two rather than riding the pine with 1 or 2 shifts a game in the KHL.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I’m not freaked out by his frame and the AHL next year. We can get around his slight frame by sheltering his minutes and bringing him along slowly on the ice, while focusing on a lot of off ice stuff and training with him. Almost like a half AHL/half college type or approach.

We don’t HAVE to play him 3 games in 3 nights and not give him any time to work out in the gym. If he plays approx 45 out of 65 games so we can manage his ice time vs gym time, we should be able to carve out a program for him, if that ends up even being necessary (maybe he’ll be fine as is?). As long as he has the right attitude and work ethic, he can be just fine in the long term.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Well, Laaksonen hasn't been crippled yet and he could get blown over by a stiff breeze, so I guess there's some hope that the kid could survive

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad