Not open for further replies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1634929608789.gif

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
5 in a row! It's a been a great little run that I haven't been able to see. Hopefully we give the Canucks a little (or a lot of) pay back!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
lol, what is with the thread title. BTW, I'd say there's little to no chance Alec Baldwin goes to jail, looks to me like a DA that wants to make a name for themselves. A freaking actor shouldn't be in charge of gun safety or car safety or sword safety or anything like that on a movie set (imagine saying Vin Diesel should be checking the brakes on all vehicles on set, lol).

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
lol, what is with the thread title. BTW, I'd say there's little to no chance Alec Baldwin goes to jail, looks to me like a DA that wants to make a name for themselves. A freaking actor shouldn't be in charge of gun safety or car safety or sword safety or anything like that on a movie set (imagine saying Vin Diesel should be checking the brakes on all vehicles on set, lol).

tbh I just wanted to post the pic. I don't think he will go to jail myself and it's weird he would even get this kind of charge for something that, by all accounts, was a mistake.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
The next 8 games is against the worst teams in the league, very good chance we go on a 10+ game winning streak.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Haha celebrities rarely go to jail when they intentionally kill someone so this isnt likely to see Mr. Baldwin in a prison environment. If he does go it will be great for his career as he automatically is the favorite for lead actor and EP on all the independently produced prison films that are greenlit.
My money is on the armorer taking the fall. Her legal team is not going to be as good as Baldwin's.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton

I think he's being charged for his role as the producer rather than as an actor.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think he's being charged for his role as the producer rather than as an actor.

Not to derail the thread too much (although the title is literally about this topic, lol), but lead actors often get a token producer credit (like Daniel Craig is listed as one of the producers on the last James Bond movie) ... it almost never means they are making any decisions regarding the actual day to day film production/safety measures on set.

It's more like contributing the script and/or having ideas about what the character should do, and often it's just a bonus perk given to the star of the show.

The fact that the actual producers of the movie (the ones who are actually in charge of like ... hiring the armorer and 1st AD on set) aren't being charged just reeks of a DA looking to make a name for themselves with a Hollywoodized court case.

Haha celebrities rarely go to jail when they intentionally kill someone so this isnt likely to see Mr. Baldwin in a prison environment. If he does go it will be great for his career as he automatically is the favorite for lead actor and EP on all the independently produced prison films that are greenlit.
My money is on the armorer taking the fall. Her legal team is not going to be as good as Baldwin's.

Well beyond her legal team she could go to jail because she was obviously grossly negligent. That's literally her job to know exactly what is going into every gun on set, somehow allowing a real bullet even 100 yards within a film set let alone letting it get into a gun that she loaded is and then letting that gun get to an actor on a set unaware ... like it's a breakdown of so many safety fail safes, it's almost hard to fathom.

Last edited:

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
That's right. As the producer he is being held responsible for overseeing the project and hence the charge--but no matter--he will not be going to jail. Its tough enough to put murderers and rapists in the hoosegow--never mind this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Looking ahead at the Oilers schedule, we have lots of games against bottom feeders =

Columbus x 2
Arizona x 2
San Jose x 3
Anaheim x 2
Chicago x 1
Montreal x 1

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Honestly that sucks for everyone involved and I wont point fingers at anyone necessarily.

Baldwin doesnt strike me as a guy who plays with guns so I can see why he wouldnt have chedked it.....that said....if youre going to be an actor using a gun you probably get some training which he should have probably used.

Whoever had the gun loaded and on set -- it should probably be illegal to do that as well, no?

I'd assume multiple charges are laid.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Looking ahead at the Oilers schedule, we have lots of games against bottom feeders =

Columbus x 2
Arizona x 2
San Jose x 3
Anaheim x 2
Chicago x 1
Montreal x 1
i'm not going to be the one to say that this is more concerning since we have a knack for playing down to bottom feeders and somehow beating the top teams

I actually think the team may have found a spark and is going the right direction. We should clean up a bunch of points here

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Big rivalry with the Canucks, they won’t lay down for the Oilers. The boys better be prepared.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Not to derail the thread too much (although the title is literally about this topic, lol), but lead actors often get a token producer credit (like Daniel Craig is listed as one of the producers on the last James Bond movie) ... it almost never means they are making any decisions regarding the actual day to day film production/safety measures on set.

It's more like contributing the script and/or having ideas about what the character should do, and often it's just a bonus perk given to the star of the show.

The fact that the actual producers of the movie (the ones who are actually in charge of like ... hiring the armorer and 1st AD on set) aren't being charged just reeks of a DA looking to make a name for themselves with a Hollywoodized court case.

Well beyond her legal team she could go to jail because she was obviously grossly negligent. That's literally her job to know exactly what is going into every gun on set, somehow allowing a real bullet even 100 yards within a film set let alone letting it get into a gun that she loaded is and then letting that gun get to an actor on a set unaware ... like it's a breakdown of so many safety fail safes, it's almost hard to fathom.
The part I don't get is Alec Baldwin's own stunt double had a misfire accident not even a week before hand, being given a gun he was told was cold, but was not, accidentally discharging it twice.

How could Alec not follow basic gun safety protocols after that like checking whether or not his gun is loaded and doing a dry fire into the ground, he's taken gun safety training multiple times and even if it is the armorers chief responsibility the actor/actress are supposed to double check every time before using a gun on set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce