Post-Game Talk: ALDS Game 3 - SOX WIN 6-4 in 13 innings - lead series 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Credit to the crisp Fenway air tonight. Keirmaier crushed that ball. Probably a no doubter HR on a warm night.

This play actually got me thinking to that play in the last WS against the Cardinals where Middlebrooks was called for interference and I think the runner was granted home plate. I hated the way that incident/rule was applied. As I remember it there was no guarantee he was gonna score on the play but the umps used discretion i think.

Reactions: GabeTravels

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Then there was the Eric Byrnes play in the 2003 ALDS that he was called out on. In that play, IIRC, he stopped running after the interference looking for the call and was tagged out (and called out)…whereas if he had just continued running he probably would’ve been awarded home.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2021-10-11_1-14-57.png

Reactions: The National

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Credit to the crisp Fenway air tonight. Keirmaier crushed that ball. Probably a no doubter HR on a warm night.

This play actually got me thinking to that play in the last WS against the Cardinals where Middlebrooks was called for interference and I think the runner was granted home plate. I hated the way that incident/rule was applied. As I remember it there was no guarantee he was gonna score on the play but the umps used discretion i think.
I raged at that Middlebrooks play. I get why they called it, but man both parties were equally at fault there. Still to this day not sure how you give him the plate there.

As for the Keirmeier ball, yeah you're right probably is a HR in non cool air, but that JD ball that was hit to the CF wall in the...11th inning (??) would've been in the stands as well, so none of this would've even mattered.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Then there was the Eric Byrnes play in the 2003 ALDS that he was called out on. In that play, IIRC, he stopped running after the interference looking for the call and was tagged out (and called out)…whereas if he had just continued running he probably would’ve been awarded home.
A's horrible base running in that series, specifically game 3, cost them the sweep (and series win) and honestly probably a WS that year. They absolutely beat the Yankees that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad