Music: Album or CD from your favourite band that you'd give to someone to make them a fan of the band?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Master of Reality by Black Sabbath.

The perfect rock album. The genesis of all heavy metal.

220px-Master-of-Reality-by-Black-Sabbath.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hippasus and Ozz

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
1984 by Van Halen

The ultimate example of guitar pyrotechnics in the aid of pure 80's LA hedonism. EVH puts the guitar down for a bit to show us he can also slay the keyboard through classic anthems like Jump! and Panama, calms down a bit and gives David Lee Roth some space for I'll Wait, gives his brother some room to play on Hot For Teacher, shreds the fretboard in atypical heavy metal songs Girl Gone Bad and House of Pain, then kicks back on the beach for the classic summer track Drop Dead Legs which begs you to sit back on the lounge chair, pop a cold Corona and enjoy the beach bonfire.

Every time I hear Drop Dead Legs I'm transported back to 16 years old. I'm on Wreck Beach with my friends and my girl. Smoke wends its way into the air from the fire, laughter rocks up and down the beach, and life is just never going to get better. I'll always be young. I'll always be vital. The night will always be perfect, the sunset will always be picturesque, and I'll never know adult hardship or disappointment. We'll never be old. The dopamine rush from the weed and beer will never wear off. Our hearts will always be pure. The music will never die. It will be sweetness forever. We will always be golden.

The last and greatest Van Halen album with David Lee Roth. Therefore also the greatest Van Halen album.

268x0w.jpg

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Mutter by Rammstein

Their third and best album. Their sound is fully refined, their attitude is fully developed and they're feeling their full power. Mein Herz Brennt opens the onslaught, followed up by the killer Links 2-3-4. What can follow that? Only Sonne, the track written specifically as entrance music for Vitaly Klitschko, the boxer who reigned as the heavyweight champion of the world for an entire generation. The album that defined Neue Deutsche Harte marches on indomitably through killers like Speiluhr and Zwitter, and even today more than twenty years later there isn't a German metal band that doesn't hearken back to this, the crowning achievement of the biggest, baddest Neue Deutsche Harte band of them all, Rammstein.

If you know metal, you know this.

220px-Mutter.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Supermassive

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011
I'm going to have to listen to Jazz. Because God knows I could never stand Queen. :barf:

Chuck Berry and Bob Dylan are my favourites. I've never met anyone over the age of two who didn't like Chuck, but believe me I've met plenty who can't stand Bob. I would recommend George Harrison's Concert For Bangladesh or The Band's The Last Waltz. All-star concert albums, one rock legend after another takes the stage, stellar performances of classic tunes, yet in both it is Dylan who comes on last and just takes the audience to a higher level. Not even a "Dylan audience" either. They still might not like Dylan after that, but may at least be able to concede the shortcoming is theirs, not Bob's.

EDIT: I'm just kidding by the way. I'm not really going to listen to Jazz.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Favorite band: Sonata Arctica

Man this one is a tough one, it's a tie between both Reckoning Night and Winterheart's guild. Though I will give a slight edge to Winterheart's Guild. Lots of classics in that album.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad