Prospect Info: Albin Grewe selected by Saginaw in Import Draft

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Marchand isn't an agitator, he's a skill guy that plays dirty. Joey Kocur was also 225 lbs which puts him in the heavyweight class even though he was shorter than most of them.

There have been short agitators like Tootoo and Asham, but both had fighting skills. I doubt that's where Grewe fits in. Punching a lanky junior Swede is one thing, it's another to take on a 6'4" NHL defenseman or winger like Tom Wilson or Simmonds. He would get demolished.

The NHL is more and more a skill game now, the team really doesn't need a whole bunch of guys that goes around hitting and can't score. Physicality only excites me when the guy also has some skills to back it up, Ovy being my favorite, but it's also unfair to compare anybody against elite talent like that. Even Wilson and Simmonds can score.

Back to the subject, if Grewe makes the team and there's going to be a grind line, it'll probably look more like Grewe-Ehn (Pearson?)-Smith, with absolutely no goal production. Not terribly exciting.

Grewe - Pearson - Smith would be an ideal fourth line, they would chip in goals and be pretty terrible to play against. Chase Pearson is one of the more underrated guys around these parts. While he doesn't have a crazy ceiling, he looks like a solid NHL player that should be a really good depth center.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I want to see more of the offense he showed in his draft year and before that. This year imo he struggled to make an impact even in juniors.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
One thing that scares me is his awkward skating style:

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad