Prospect Info: Albany Devils and ECHL Affiliates Thread Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJD

May 26, 2011
no worries! in summary i just feel a 21 year old prospect deserves to play over burlon (24) or mcpherson (26) or even harrold (30 something) but in reality harrold whos on a one way is not going to be a healthy scratch and make 800 g's in the pressbox in the A...maybe trade harrold ?

harrold was waived. anyone could have had him for free. i dont think anyone wants him

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
no worries! in summary i just feel a 21 year old prospect deserves to play over burlon (24) or mcpherson (26) or even harrold (30 something) but in reality harrold whos on a one way is not going to be a healthy scratch and make 800 g's in the pressbox in the A...maybe trade harrold ?

Absolutely makes sense...That is why I don't like Myles Bell starting in the ECHL

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

I'm sure the three of them won't be back with the team next year. I'm pretty certain that a trade will happen once the injury list in either league gets populated.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Fraser's on an AHL-only deal, so this might not have much to do with Lou. But it could also be/is probably one of those Lou-esque "giving an ex-Devils a break" type of signings. Gotta suck for Fraser going from a top-4 defenseman that Carlyle loved in Toronto to not being able to find an AHL job.

It's curious he'd get signed with all the D available to Albany, but I'm not sure this has much to do with anyone getting called up soon. It's not like there wasn't already a waiting-list for playing time at both levels.

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark
in my opinion . no he has not...itll be harrold over him then hbraberenkov (sp?)
Then maybe him or kelly depending whos playing better. hell wouldnt surprise me if they gave fraser an nhl deal eventually then hed be another option.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
in my opinion . no he has not...itll be harrold over him then hbraberenkov (sp?)
Then maybe him or kelly depending whos playing better. hell wouldnt surprise me if they gave fraser an nhl deal eventually then hed be another option.

Hrabarenka lol

I had a good laugh at your version of his name though. Reminds me of when people tried to spell Pikkarainen's name

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The fact that Hegleson was a last cut here tells you the organization is looking for him to eventually to take on a physical bottom pairing role.

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark
Hrabarenka lol

I had a good laugh at your version of his name though. Reminds me of when people tried to spell Pikkarainen's name

haha i was in a rush at work leaving the office. i work for the state and i am in albany alot with my new position and ive been fortunate enough to catch a few games (terrible attendance btw) going from new jersey to albany is something else but decent rink for albany too bad they cant draw fans

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just thought Bell was going down to the ECHL for conditioning cause he missed all of camp. If he's really down there maybe that was the reason why it was such a long holdout, because they wanted to send him there and he wanted to play in the AHL?

AHL roster is full, let Bell dominate the ECHL and earn a call-up like Kelly Zajac did. Nothing wrong with that.

Kelly Zajac's not a guy that should ever be playing in the NHL, Bell's still young enough with tools enough to dream of that someday. But future NHL players don't usually start in the ECHL unless they're goons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad