Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I rather watch a horror movie @Amazing Kreiderman , and put down the helmet and wave :surrenderif AV is back next season. It make absolutely no sense, and his system is hot stew with ingredients I usually don`t prefer. :)

Last edited:

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
hahahahaha. He'll be back next season

source.gif

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
hahahahaha. He'll be back next season
I sort of agree with this more than I hoped I would.

I'm definitely not as confident as everyone else that he will definitively not be here. There are just so many excuses available to the organization if they want to keep him around but really this guy isn't a good coach. His system is antiquated and completely flawed. He'd be so exposed with bad goaltending.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Well Alain can shove it up his own ******* for all I care. He is a big reason why this team isn't going anywhere

Through AV's tenure:

xGA/60 5v5 - 28th (Dead Last excluding 13-14)
xGA/60 4v5 - 13th (12th excluding 13-14)

Huge reason, the pesonnel certainly capable of playing competent defense when they don't have to play his putrid defensive scheme

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Seriously? That’s not all the offensive system is based on. Yes, it’s designed to score on the rush, but usually they do it by highly coordinated breakouts.

and part of the reason they play the defensive system they do is to facilitate those breakouts, but it's really risky and if you don't have the right players it doesn't work too well (as we've seen). My biggest criticism of AV is that he simply has not bothered to try to modify his coaching system enough to fit the players he has ended up with and that the league has either figured out his system or just generally moved on past it.

These teams haven't been as good as the ones he took over with, but that they give up so many high quality chances game in and game out is a disgrace at this point

e: I mean using the Pens as an example is a bit unfair considering the talent they have to work with, BUT they really have not had terrible impressive defenses but managed to use them to be a dangerous attacking team that's great at getting the puck out quick and back up the ice. The Pens are what the Rangers should have been evolving towards, rather than sticking with what worked in 2014

Reactions: jas

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Here's my question...we talk about as system all the time..about how he needs certain players to make it happen.

If that's the case...why does he prioritize minutes to defenseman who DON'T fit his system at all?
Bottom 5 coach in the nhl.

I've said it for 3 years now and nothing I've seen has made me change my mind.

Reactions: GregSirico

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Here's my question...we talk about as system all the time..about how he needs certain players to make it happen.

If that's the case...why does he prioritize minutes to defenseman who DON'T fit his system at all?

I thought this for some time now but at this point, I'm not sure any defenseman can truly succeed in his current system.

Reactions: Inferno

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I think this is generous.

If we're being honest, who is worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad