Post-Game Talk: AL Wild Card - SAWX WIN - YANKEES ELIMINATED!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe they meant National Parks.
Agree

Yanks are in deep shit

I probably would be hard pressed to turn around quick

1. I let Brett Gardner go
2. Sign Story & leave Torres at 2B
3. I’m stuck with 5 more years of LeMahieu at 15 M so I play him at first
4. Try and find a cheap CF like Kike Hernandez- not sure who’s available
5. Judge is a UFA after 2023 I wait it out

pitching is decent

Their Farm System is middle of pack after trading 6 of top 30 for renting Rizzo & Gallo

they could be 4th next season

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Agree

Yanks are in deep shit

pitching is decent

Their Farm System is middle of pack after trading 6 of top 30 for renting Rizzo & Gallo

They need a new manager first and foremost. Boone sucks.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So, by "since 2004" you mean including 2004, but not the first 3 games of the 2004 series. Nice.

And 2018 was a 5 game series, so 3-1.

ok back to 1-8, they won 4 straight in 04, won 3-1 in 18 and 1 yesterday

very un-yankee like, since going down 3-0 the sox are 8-1 vs NY in playoff games

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
2004 won 4 straight
2018 won 4-1
2021 1-0

1-9 actually, not 1-8
Ok but I was told on Twitter on Friday with Yankees with 2 game lead Yankees a LOT better

Felger in full troll mode spent entire week saying If he was a Red Sox fan he couldn’t sleep at night by blowing 10 game lead in August to Ysnkees

wouldn’t blowing a 2 game lead with 3 games left be worse

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Felger laughs at how dumb/gullible his listeners are - 90% are to dumb to know it

they got one good guy there - Ty Anderson. The rest are crap

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
WEEI went to ridicule war with the Bruins and it eventually cost them when SportsHub came along and welcomed Bruins fans

The Sports Hub is taking on a bigger animal in the Red Sox and it’s going to eventually put a dent in them unless they secure their broadcast rights which would be a prudent move

Felger & Masserotti are both bright guys and can bob and weave but no talents like Marc Bertrand & lazy Adam Jones is occupied with other interests aren’t capable or concerned about seeing what’s coming

WEEI thought they were invincible back in 2006 but it’s been proven they aren’t

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Agree

Yanks are in deep shit

pitching is decent

With no Cap and the will to overpay, holes are a lot easier to fill.

Their pitching is better than decent.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
With no Cap and the will to overpay, holes are a lot easier to fill.

Their pitching is better than decent.

With the way the luxury tax works now, it's basically a cap. Yankees were cutting salary before the season this year just to stay under, despite it being a "go for it" year for them.

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That was the best they could come up with?
I know humor is my third characteristic but it was brilliant

one of greatest headlines I’ve ever seen but you have to have been emotionally involved in the 1978 game

It’s such a good headline it’s something I could see myself coming up with

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Felger prediction today

His troll this week is the disparity of payrolls between Sox & Tampa and ‘you should win, you have a $200 M payroll and Tampa 50 M’

and

when Sale making $30 M goes against one of the kids making minimum he will mention that over and over

Felger is phenomenal at this and this is a gift for him to bash away at his predominantly clueless audience

also the lemmings here who like the Sports Troll station need to understand the he Red Sox do well the Hub lose some listeners to Sox games on radio

they have an agenda / and if sports hub had the Sox rights they would be promoting this team and Lazy Ass Jones wouldn’t be telling people to boycott he would be doing the pregame show

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Haven't really been a baseball fan since 2004ish, but I still remember what it's like to beat the Yankees. I checked in every now and again last night from bed. Very happy for all my friends who live and die with the Sox.

Reactions: CDJ

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Felger prediction today

His troll this week is the disparity of payrolls between Sox & Tampa and ‘you should win, you have a $200 M payroll and Tampa 50 M’

and

when Sale making $30 M goes against one of the kids making minimum he will mention that over and over

Felger is phenomenal at this and this is a gift for him to bash away at his predominantly clueless audience

also the lemmings here who like the Sports Troll station need to understand the he Red Sox do well they lose listeners to Sox games on radio

they have an agenda / and if sports hub had their rights they would be promoting this team and Lazy Ass Jones wouldn’t be telling people to boycott he would be doing the pregame show

I can tolerate Felger...usually.

I gave up listening to Jones almost as soon as he got the PM hosting job. Insufferable, antagonistic, miserable, pompous, I could go on all day. Maybe he's changed since his first year on the job. I doubt it.

Reactions: Alicat and CDJ

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
WEEI went to ridicule war with the Bruins and it eventually cost them when SportsHub came along and welcomed Bruins fans

The Sports Hub is taking on a bigger animal in the Red Sox and it’s going to eventually put a dent in them unless they secure their broadcast rights which would be a prudent move

Felger & Masserotti are both bright guys and can bob and weave but no talents like Marc Bertrand & lazy Adam Jones is occupied with other interests aren’t capable or concerned about seeing what’s coming

WEEI thought they were invincible back in 2006 but it’s been proven they aren’t

Radio is a dying industry unfortunately. I don't see the Sports Hub being in trouble. If anything, you will see Gasper and Murray become its own thing to replace Jones or Zo and Beetle.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As some of us said at the time, that was really really stupid for a team that was obviously so flawed.
I know you said this but I read all over social media & heard Felger & Mazz and their flock hail the proactive 2009 WS champs while killing Bloom for doing nothing - they didn’t even acknowledge Schwarber

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I know you said this but I read all over social media & heard Felger & Mazz and their flock hail the proactive 2009 WS champs while killing Bloom for doing nothing - they didn’t even acknowledge Schwarber
Can't wait until 2 PM EST to see if Felger eats his words or just keeps trolling.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

When do they give Cashman his "Won the 2021 Trade Deadline" Championship ring? Opening Day?

Reactions: Alicat

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can't wait until 2 PM EST to see if Felger eats his words or just keeps trolling.
I don’t see him eating much words he will downplay it by shifting focus to Cole or Yankees and then start with payrolls

he may even envoke fear by pushing’your GM is a Tampa guy and the $50 M payroll and this type of baseball - lot of Dombrowski guys’

It will be interesting how he goes but because WEEI is the Red Sox station and Lou Merloni is calling them out it will all be a charade

if Sports Hub had rights they would be be significantly more positive

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I sound like a wounded animal today. I have not strained my vocal chords this bad in a long time. It was so worth it.

Remy chant

Dirty Water

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad