Post-Game Talk: AL Wild Card - SAWX WIN - YANKEES ELIMINATED!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Looking forward to the Rays, that lineup is incredible. There is no weak link in it 1-9 or in their first few bench options. Even frickin' Kiermaier ended the season with an above-average OPS+. We need our pitchers to be nearly perfect. And their bullpen is pretty lights-out and deep too.

I think we can get to their starters though. McClanahan is the only SP who will be a problem. We can probably slug out wins in the series against the other pitchers. The key will be jumping on them early and often.

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Looking forward to the Rays, that lineup is incredible. There is no weak link in it 1-9 or in their first few bench options. Even frickin' Kiermaier ended the season with an above-average OPS+. We need our pitchers to be nearly perfect. And their bullpen is pretty lights-out and deep too.

I think we can get to their starters though. McClanahan is the only SP who will be a problem. We can probably slug out wins in the series against the other pitchers. The key will be jumping on them early and often.

Win one in Tampa and who knows in a 5 game series.

Reactions: Alicat and bbfan419

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
100621HeraldPageOne.jpg

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa only team left I like other then us

Tampa should be favored but they split in Tampa they can win this and will

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Obviously easy to say after the fact, but I’m really glad that the 4th place team has to beat the 5th place team to make the “actual” postseason. It can and should offer a huge momentum boost going into game 1 and that wouldn’t have been there nearly to the same degree even with a come from behind win against the nationals on the last day of the regular season.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Baz is their #2 starter. Dominant stuff but hes barely played in the majors and hes given up some HRs.

Ill be in row 2 of the RF bleachers to see the game Thursday, cant wait

Reactions: Jdavidev

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You were saying?

Cole has been pedestrian outside of a few starts since June when MLB cracked down on spider tac. Nothing about his second half surprises me.

Good call!

I must admit I never expected the Sox to win last night. Just looked like the same story I have seen too many times over the last 60 years or so.

Reactions: BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Is it weird that I don't hate the Yankees anymore? Like I don't like them, don't get me wrong. But I don't hate them. I just see them as...there. Same way I view the New York Jets, albeit way less dismissive. Red Sox-Yankees in the playoffs just does nothing for me anymore. I thought if the Sox won I would enjoy it but I feel no excitement.

It's funny but I truly didn't think I'd be as happy as I am over the win. I mean, I don't expect them to beat the TB Horseshoes, so even though they won, I don't have high hopes going forward. But I do still hate the Yankees with every fiber of my being.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's funny but I truly didn't think I'd be as happy as I am over the win. I mean, I don't expect them to beat the TB Horseshoes, so even though they won, I don't have high hopes going forward. But I do still hate the Yankees with every fiber of my being.

It's like hating the Montreal Canadiens- once you breathe in the hate it becomes part of your DNA :nod:

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad