Recalled/Assigned: Akeson, Laughton, Konan, McGinn and Lilja

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Andreas Lilja

Per Flyers facebook

ROSTER NEWS: The Flyers have recalled (D) Andreas Lilja from the Phantoms.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
The tank is on it seems. 0-3 could get us to 6th with any luck giving us a very strong chance at Nurse and a 6.2% shot at Jones. I''ll take it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Now the Flyers will win the Cup. Who cares if they are mathematically eliminated...LILJA IS BACK!

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
LOL at the thread title.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

570_big-bird-wins.jpg

rWoHockeyman88

Jul 7, 2010
Richmond, VA
They probably recalled Lilja so that he could finish his North American career in the NHL before returning home to play the rest of his days. I think it's a classy move, and I hope they do the same with Knuble and Boucher. I can't see them getting NHL jobs again.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
They probably recalled Lilja so that he could finish his North American career in the NHL before returning home to play the rest of his days. I think it's a classy move, and I hope they do the same with Knuble and Boucher. I can't see them getting NHL jobs again.

While I agree it is a classy move and it was the first reason I could think of... playing Lilja over our prospects is just a dumb move.

rWoHockeyman88

Jul 7, 2010
Richmond, VA
While I agree it is a classy move and it was the first reason I could think of... playing Lilja over our prospects is just a dumb move.

I won't disagree with you there. I think we have such a small amount of vet's leaving you can send them off with a game or two and still play the prospects. Sad to see the season ending so quickly, but we always have next year and our top 10 flyers DVD set to get us through till then. :)

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'm hoping that Timonen gets rest over these last few games. The only reason to play him would be to pair him with Konan, but I value Timonen's health over the bump in learning Konan would get.

And please sit Brière! Sit him in an ergonomically adjusted wheelchair until a trade / buyout is completed.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I'm hoping that Timonen gets rest over these last few games. The only reason to play him would be to pair him with Konan, but I value Timonen's health over the bump in learning Konan would get.

And please sit Brière! Sit him in an ergonomically adjusted wheelchair until a trade / buyout is completed.

Your wish is granted.

Sarah Baicker
‏@sbaickerCSN
Now we know why Lilja was recalled. Timonen is done for the season w/ a compression fracture in his right foot. Fine - no reason to play him

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Why did it take this long to figure out that they weren't going to make the playoffs and play the kids. That winning streak they went on cost them a top 5 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad