Recalled/Assigned: Akeson, Laughton, Konan, McGinn and Lilja

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
I doubt this would happen but they could dress seven defenseman so both Lilija and Konan can play. With Timonen out there is going to be a 20-23 minute hole to fill so they could both get around ten minutes.

@Sobrien He did sign with a team but the contract doesn't start until next season.

edit- I forgot Foster was back.

Last edited:

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
German Canuck fan here.. Guess the name kinda gave it away.. ;)

just came by to read your thoughts on Noebels, for your information, he said that the Flyers planned to call him up in one of the last few games, but he was invited to join the national team, and he decided to do so.

Currently he is in camp, and since a lot of veterans declined due to a long DEL-season, and others still in the NHL or AHL (Seidenberg, Holzer etc.) Playoffs, he will probably make the cut.

RJ8812*

German Canuck fan here.. Guess the name kinda gave it away.. ;)

just came by to read your thoughts on Noebels, for your information, he said that the Flyers planned to call him up in one of the last few games, but he was invited to join the national team, and he decided to do so.

Currently he is in camp, and since a lot of veterans declined due to a long DEL-season, and others still in the NHL or AHL (Seidenberg, Holzer etc.) Playoffs, he will probably make the cut.

thought so...

Although, I find it weird seeing as though he could have at least played stayed with the Flyers until Saturday, then went over for camp in Germany.

Oh well, that's his decision

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Loose pucks
Laviolette would offer no indication as to who dresses and who sits in the season finale against Ottawa … Mike Knuble has been a healthy scratch six of his last seven games and would like one more skate with the Flyers … Call-up Jason Akeson figures to be a look in the final game … Laviolette said his goal remains “to win a hockey game,” which will take precedence over the lineup, you have to think with him. Flyers could finish 23-22-3 which the players want to see happen. The club has won five of its last six games ... Marc-Andre Bourdon (post-concussion syndrome) skated with the Flyers for the first time in 2013. He was unavailable.

source: http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-defense-excelling-despite-youth-inexperience

hope it's true

RJ8812*

I hope Akeson doesnt have a great game because otherwise we'll have to listen to everyone saying how he's "definitely a top-6 forward" for the rest of the summer:sarcasm:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I hope Akeson doesnt have a great game because otherwise we'll have to listen to everyone saying how he's "definitely a top-6 forward" for the rest of the summer:sarcasm:

Not sure you could use his skillset in the back 4. He's nearly a PP player in the AHL, was hovering around a PP in the OHL (during age 19-20--IIRC), played with Jeff Skinner.

If you use the standard projections at age 19-- if he was on a talented 2nd line and sheltered a bit defensively I could see his ceiling being 50 point forward (mostly assists). He's shooting around 13% right now, but I expect that to come down. Also, not sure he's the type of winger, being he would have to play on the wing, that the Flyers would want on the higher lines.

This is a horrible argument-- I'm just playing Devil's Advocate this morning. Throwing out a grain of possibility for him. I can at least imagine it! Obviously, I hope he has success and plays with the big club.

RJ8812*

Not sure you could use his skillset in the back 4. He's nearly a PP player in the AHL, was hovering around a PP in the OHL (during age 19-20--IIRC), played with Jeff Skinner.

If you use the standard projections at age 19-- if he was on a talented 2nd line and sheltered a bit defensively I could see his ceiling being 50 point forward (mostly assists). He's shooting around 13% right now, but I expect that to come down. Also, not sure he's the type of winger, being he would have to play on the wing, that the Flyers would want on the higher lines.

This is a horrible argument-- I'm just playing Devil's Advocate this morning. Throwing out a grain of possibility for him. I can at least imagine it! Obviously, I hope he has success and plays with the big club.

I was poking fun at the fact that a lot of people here tend to judge young players based solely on a handful of games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->